• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

There goes the price of Ammunition….

And whats your living situation?
All of the above and then a hell of a lot more. How is that relevant? I went to college got a good degree in a non ****ty field and busted my ass for 45-60 hours a week for 7 years. Never been in trouble with the law been faithful to one woman for almost 20 years.

People want a ****ing hand out or the same standard of living I have without the sacrifices I made. Go earn it. If you get stuck in a minimum wage job isn't anyone's fault but their own. I'll never forget my parents basically begging me find a way to spend the night with friends so I wouldn't go hungry. That **** will NEVER happen to me and mine now.

TLDR - The only person to blame is yourselves for **** paying jobs.

Not implying you have a ****ty job or made bad choices. Just how I see things.

Why is it impossible for the current generation to have a quality of life the same as the previous generation
my first house was 80 K and a truck for 12 k. I think that’s what I paid for in 85’.. both were brand new… my sons truck was 85 K
last year..

if you could find a house now for 85K it is uninhabitable.

Horse ****.
Our dollars dont have the same value and 2 our healthcare cost is astronomical because of social programs
If a person chose to actually live at the same standard as 60 years ago, (same size house, same technology, same healthcare, etc., etc...) any halfway decent job would have little problem supporting the household on a single income. A typical family has so much more today and there's a cost that goes with it.

Remember that a typical smart phone has more computing power than a Saturn Five Rocket did. That doesn't come free.

I have some ammo for sale - about 1K rounds of 9mm, 556, and 500 of .45 and .308. Please DM me.

If a person chose to actually live at the same standard as 60 years ago, (same size house, same technology, same healthcare, etc., etc...) any halfway decent job would have little problem supporting the household on a single income. A typical family has so much more today and there's a cost that goes with it.

Remember that a typical smart phone has more computing power than a Saturn Five Rocket did. That doesn't come free.
Riiiiight. It has nothing to do with the fact that 60 years ago the median income was $5600 per year and the average house was only $11900. And those were usually decent houses in nice neighborhoods. Also, that was usually just the man going to work and a stay at home wife. But no it's because people have an Iphone and technology. :lol:

Have you seen what a decent house costs today? Even a starter home? Have you seen want rent costs? Spare me the but you can find it cheap BS. Yeah if you want to live in the damn hood sure.

Median income has not at all kept up with inflation and the current market. People making $20/hr can easily be living paycheck to paycheck with current price of rent, gas, groceries, and utilities alone, much less a damn smart phone.

1675257417162.png

my first house was 80 K and a truck for 12 k. I think that’s what I paid for in 85’.. both were brand new… my sons truck was 85 K
last year..

if you could find a house now for 85K it is uninhabitable.
Exactly. People here don't understand inflation. My first house was $115k in a nice subdivision. First new car I bought in the 90's for around $9k. Today, my house would list for $300k+, and a new car would be closer to $30-40k for a cheap entry level. Used beaters are going for $7-8k that have 200k miles...

Back
Top Bottom