• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about a new truck...your thoughts on Toyota Tundra

I've worked at Toyota for 7 yrs at the factory and our quality assurance standards are stupidly strict. Its not ford or gm do no drunk assholes laying around passed out. And no 80k union custodial experts. Only quality truck on the road, but I'm biased

I have a 2008 ext cab tundra and tow a 4200 lbs 21 ft Yamaha jet boat. No problems with it. Rather ride in it (truck) than my wifes, Honda Pilot. Yes, it likes gas. it never passed a gas station it did not like. If you drive her right, you can squeeze a few more miles per gallon out of her, but overall, she'll pull like a GA mule without grunting. Mine seems to do better if I run 89 thru her, may be me, but its me. 87 works, but it just seems to go (empty) a whole lot faster, but again, it might be me. I've had Fords, Chevys, Dodges and liked them all, no particular preference to any one, but this is the first truck that I want to keep for a while. Mine is a 2X4, so don't know to much about a 4x4.

I have a 2011 Tundra. I LOVE the Chevy/GMC and was convinced I would by one. I drove the F150, Chevy and GMC, and Tundra. I absolutely HATE the body style of the Tundra compared to the other two. However, after driving the Tundra I was sold. It has a shorter turning radius out of the three and it is VERY noticeable (noticed this when trying to get a GMC out of the dealership parking lot - went home and looked it up and sure enough the turning radius was shorter on the Tundra - do not remember exact numbers now). The turning radius was the selling point for me. It makes it easier to park and maneuver through tight spaces. Do not know where you are, but I searched all over GA and the best price came from Louie Herron Toyota in Milledgeville (478-453-9410) - they gave the me best price over the phone, came off the price even more at the dealership, and even had to order the one I wanted from a SC dealership AND the price was still MUCH cheaper than anyone else. Heck, I am even drinking my coffee out of a cup they sent me after the purchase. On the other hand, my father has a F150 and the F150's ride quality/handling is by far the best of the three.

Stephen is the skinny guy? Go figure.

WTF does that have anything to do with this thread?

Byte Stryke. You already know how I feel. I will NEVER own another GM product, EVER. And as soon as I get rid of the one my wife owns, we are going to celebrate a night on the town. It's the biggest piece of **** I have ever owned.

Tundra or 4runner for my next vehicle. It will have the smaller 4.7 liter v8, more than what I need but will get a little better mpg than the 5.7

I had Tacoma for 9 years 165 thousand mmiles and all parts original. Lost it to rollover or would still have. bought 04 tundra 4x4. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom