• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about a new truck...your thoughts on Toyota Tundra

Toyota and Nissan make great helluva trucks. My dad retired from GM after 35 years, and I only owned GM products until about 10 years ago and came across a Nissan vehicle that impressed me by barely needing any repairs til 200K. Since then I've bought nothing but Nissans. Currently have an Altima SE-R and a Frontier 4dr pickup. Love them both!

Good trucks. Can't go wrong with it. I would just go test drive them all just to do a good comparison.

I test drove pretty much everything before I bought my Ram. It had the best combination of everything I wanted in a truck and Hayes gave me more $$ on my trade in than anyone else would. I've been extremely happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
[
What about jobs here? I don't know which is better, being assembled here or profits going somewhere else.

Profits go the the stockholders , who can and do live all over the planet

Company I work for has a 04 and I drove it for years
And last summer they bought a 12 crewmax 5.7
And assigned it to me as a take home vehicle since I'm the field tech thats always on call.

I've put 29k on it in a year

I love it
The power is unreal 400 HP is addictive!
It sounds great when you mash the pedal
Nice growl

I get 14.5 in mixed city and hwy driving
Just got 18 driving back from Knoxville last Thursday Had cruise set on 70-75

Gets about 10 when I'm towing
It's very comfortable
I got the bucket seats and console
And glad I did
for towing it is nice to be able to tap the shifter and choose the gears cause it's like every other vehicle now,
As soon as the wheels rotate three times it shifts into second gear no matter how steep the hill or how heavy the trailer is

It has a couple of quirks
The A pillar blind spot is huge
You have to get used to it at an intersection
The mirror and enormous A pillar can easily hide a Civic or a pedestrian

The steering wheel is perfect.
You can place your palm on it and spin the wheel Most new vehicles the wheel is not dished out enough and is too slippery

When you unlock the door you turn the key clockwise
(fords are counterclockwise which is hard to do unless you're lefthanded ) turn it once to unlock drivers door bump it again it unlocks all the doors

Mine has a knob on the dash to adjust the height of he headlights
A nice feature if you tow at night
The shock absorber on the tailgate is a nice feature

The disappearing rear window is nice for hauling long lumber or pipe
I can haul 20' sticks of pipe by lowering the window and putting half the pipe inside the cab
Its a great truck
The Crewmax has more leg room in the back seat than in the front

ford dealers are running TV ads offering $12k off sticker on 150s.

You dont see yota dealers running those ads

A friend of mine just bought a slightly used one
From Scott Clark Toyota in north Carolina

Was way cheaper than any one In Atlanta and they delivered it

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_17_a6yjepy4.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_17_teve5ydu.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_17_jyzytydu.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_17_buhe4ube.jpg

Last edited:
If you wanna find out what kind of dealer and salesman your dealing with tell em as soon as they run up to you that you're looking at Tundras and it will "probably be purchased thru Donlen"

Donlen purchases thousands of vehicles and usually only gets em from the regional distribution stock
The salesman knows he won't be making A killing from you and at a couple of places (Marietta Toyota cough cough) the salesman just walked away

At mall of ga Toyota they spent a hour showing me trucks letting me drive em etc

Fords have a BAD rep for blowing spark plugs out of the heads,taking the threads with the plug(4.6 and 5.4 engines).Cost my friend $3700 for his repair bill.I know others,personally,who have had the same problem.Ford won`t address the problem.Chrysler and GM are problematic also,plus being Obama Motor Co.Go with the tundra.Or Tacoma if you want a V6.Gas mileage is my least concern.Reliability is my first concern.

Gas isn't that bad

What?
You you think a 20 foot long 6600 lb truck is gonna get the same mpg as a Prius ?

Mpg is always a compromise

It has incredible power
You have to drive it to feel it

It gets 2 mpg better than my 04 4wd expedition with the 5.4
And has easily double the power

The door handle on a new Chevy would be a deal killer for me
Some idiot engineer put it down by your ankle

The turn signal lever on the new F-150 is beyond bizarre
The one I rented was crazy. Once it starts blinking you can't make it stop
The only way to get it to stop is by turning the steering wheel

I can say that the new non turbo V-6 in the 150 is very powerful

But the thing that makes the 150 seem like a really cheap vehicle is the door skins

Roll up the windows
Open the rear door. Then watch the front door skin while you slam the rear door

It looks like its gonna fly right off the truck
It balloons out about 2"

And if you lean up against it it will dent in very easily

I drive a tundra every day. But we rent pickups a couple times a year. So I get to drive all kinds of em

I like the tundra the best. But it's not the cheapest
Here's a pic of us using a chebby and a pic of a 150 on a moonscape
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384693804.460969.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1384693848.742232.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom