• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

thinking about getting into reloading any advice from yall reloading fella's

If you going to get a Multistage press later, might as well get it now. You can set up your auto progressive press to be single press. That's what I'm doing now except I think the auto progressive press is faster than single press when set up like single press. I can feed it on and on without having to remove the finished case. Unlike single stage, each case you must remove so you can put the next one in.

That's what I am afraid of that I will not be able to get into it.

Dependent on what you are reloading, if you reload 250-1000 rounds you will never lose any money and only stand to gain if persistent. But some are not very persistent or committed.

Some actually become addicted to creating their ammo, tailored to "their" needs rather than the masses.

It will take you years to recoup the up front costs. Buy manufactured ammo and save yourself the headaches.

Depends on how much you shoot. From about 1990 to 1995 I was shooting 2500+ rounds per month. (lot of IPSC). It did not take long to re-coup costs. I got rid of my RCBS (to many problems)last year and got a Dillon 650. And just picked up a 550. I loaded 300 rds of .40 last night in about 30 or so minutes on my Dillon. If you are going to shoot and re-load a lot get a good press.

Back
Top Bottom