• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

thinking about getting into reloading any advice from yall reloading fella's

If you are getting in just on the "cheap" thats the wrong reason. It requires, education, money, practice, practice, practice. If it is drudgery you'll be looking to unload it at a big loss. I suggest getting with someone who is experienced (A mentor) Try it with them and see what you like and what you dont like. Look for maybe some used equipment. Just my couple pennies.

It's the 50th anniversary kit I don't remember what stage it said

Attachments

• 51CC5xpzeLL._SY400_.jpeg
    51CC5xpzeLL._SY400_.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 81
If you are getting in just on the "cheap" thats the wrong reason. It requires, education, money, practice, practice, practice. If it is drudgery you'll be looking to unload it at a big loss. I suggest getting with someone who is experienced (A mentor) Try it with them and see what you like and what you dont like. Look for maybe some used equipment. Just my couple pennies.

My father in law into reloading im sure he help me out and another member on here lives close to me he reloads

If you're going to do pistol only, the Dillon Square Deal B is a great option.

It is a fantastic press and a great buy. Still as much as a new pistol though! I had a good deal of trouble with the Lee 1000 when starting out. It has taken some time and wasted components, but I can run it pretty much trouble free now. With the Lee, you have to get the "feel" of the press.

I think I catch on to it pretty quick.l probably waste some components.it be nice to know how much powder going in them and quality instead of what they say's in them on the box you buy from the store

Borrow a couple few hand loading manuals and read them before you do anything. Public libraries usually have them. The Lee book is a good primer. Single stages are best for general purposes, but I'd go ahead and get the equipment from Dillon if planning to feed a pistol.

Back
Top Bottom