Third world country summer camp

bradlee787

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
26   0
Reaction score
So this has been inspired by an act of my two oldest children this evening.

We have two 'shoe-boxes' for Operation Christmas Child on the kitchen counter, about half full. If you don't know what that is, look it up. I caught two of my kids going through them, pulling stuff out, and either using/drawing on it, or just destroying it. I blew up. They caught a hellacious lecture, and are STILL in time-out (ages 7 and 5).

My issue is, nowadays, children, or most adults for that matter, have no appreciation for ANYTHING!!!. Every object we encounter every day, as base as it may be, took someone's hard earned money, and effort. Yet no one takes care of ****, or appreciates it.

Someone should start a third-world summer camp to send such people to so that they can learn and have an appreciation for their blessings. Actual third world countries not such a great option due to travel costs and/or disesase/epidemic risks.

Given the current trajectory of our debt, trade deficits, moral decay of our society, etc......we'll ALL be in a 3rd world summer camp soon enough.

They'll figure it out with your guidance, you will blow a few gaskets along the way though
I just made them watch almost 30 mins worth of youtube videos of impoverished children around the world, whilst explaining the differences in their lives. I know theyre young, and don't quite understand fully yet, but you gotta show them the right path.

Nothing burns my ass up more than selfishness or lack of appreciation.

Back
Top Bottom