• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

this dude is fixin to be rich

Depends. Reloading is a niche, and automated gadgets are even smaller. But it looks like this is set up and conducive to a DIY kit where you piece the components together with his instruction and software. Much cheaper than a "PowderBot 60000!!!!" consumer product.

Thats great. Almost easy enough that noobies could do it:)

Noobies can already do it. Reloading isn't hard. What reloading requires is attention to detail and common sense, and this device isn't going to make it proof from idiots.

Depends. Reloading is a niche, and automated gadgets are even smaller. But it looks like this is set up and conducive to a DIY kit where you piece the components together with his instruction and software. Much cheaper than a "PowderBot 60000!!!!" consumer product.

Noobies can already do it. Reloading isn't hard. What reloading requires is attention to detail and common sense, and this device isn't going to make it proof from idiots.
I agree. Attention to detail and common sense especially.Darwin lives. I am going to start with some shotgun shells soon, and see where it goes from there.

I agree. Attention to detail and common sense especially.Darwin lives. I am going to start with some shotgun shells soon, and see where it goes from there.

That's smart.
I always tell people to start with handgun ammo or shot shells to get a handle on the basics.
Only thing is with the cost of lead shot nowadays you lose money making your own 12 or 20 gauge shells.
It'll cost you $6 a box to make and you can buy the 100 packs for $21.99.

But if you're loading 16, 28 or .410 you'll save some money for sure.
Those .410's are 9 or 10 bucks a box and only 3 bucks a box to make.
That's a very significant savings...

Aaaahhhh... you know RCBS made something like this about 2000. Electronic trickler that talked over IR to your electronic scale. Meter one charge to the weight you wanted, press a button on the trickler to learn it, then go to town. Using your cheap ordinary powder thrower, you'd throw a charge 1/2 grain (or whatever) light, then toss it on the scale and hit the "go" button on the trickler. In a few seconds-- a perfect charge weight.

This is much, much faster than the electronic dispensers. And it cost $60. RCBS dropped it when they started selling the $300 electronic dispensers. Go figure.

It took less time to top off a charge than it did to seat a bullet in the previous case... you never had to wait on powder weighing. Which is why they sell for so much $$$ when they show up on eBay.

I welcome a replacement product.

Back
Top Bottom