• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is ****ing fantastic!

How does an "executive order" come into play here? What are the chances of it happening?
Someone school me on this please.
Outright banning any type of gun would be challenged immediately and likely wouldn't hold up to legal scrutiny. Banning the import of certain firearms however has happened via Executive Order. As to the likelihood? That's anyone's guess.

You must be living in an alternate universe. Thanks for the pessimism in an otherwise very optimistic article.

Have the Repubs lowered the federal spending?

Have the secured the border?

Uhh, no, they vote for more spending and amnesty.

did they stop the govt taking over your healthcare?

Im not too optimistic that the Rs are gonna do much to stop it.
anyone know how the Rs voted on the first AWB?

Clinton got the first ban through because the Dems were the majority in the House and the Senate. Clinton also stated much, much later that he felt one of the reasons that the Dems did not do well in the election following the gun ban, could be traced to backlash from the voters due to the gun ban.

I remain optimistic, but I have said before, there are many conservatives who are wavering on the high capacity mag issue.

1.Have the Repubs lowered the federal spending?

2. Have the secured the border?

3, Uhh, no, they vote for more spending and amnesty.

4. did they stop the govt taking over your healthcare?

Im not too optimistic that the Rs are gonna do much to stop it.
anyone know how the Rs voted on the first AWB?

1. they've tried it's the reason we keep having debt ceiling debates rather than just letting it fly loose, each time they try and chip away at the spending

2. Political suicide, were already the white evangelical party, Latinos are still up for grabs, would be stupid to loose them.

3. What amnesty are you talking about

4. Healthcare passed in a democratic controlled house and senate, it was a miracle Republicans were able to slow it as much as they did.

1. they've tried it's the reason we keep having debt ceiling debates rather than just letting it fly loose, each time they try and chip away at the spending

2. Political suicide, were already the white evangelical party, Latinos are still up for grabs, would be stupid to loose them.

3. What amnesty are you talking about

4. Healthcare passed in a democratic controlled house and senate, it was a miracle Republicans were able to slow it as much as they did.
^^^This^^^

Especially on Healthcare. Not a single Republican voted for it. There's not a hell of a lot they can do when they are out numbered in both branches of Congress.

For all those people that complain about the Republicans and particularly those that did not vote for Romney, quit your *****in, you got exactly what Romney supporters told you you would. Four more years of Obama with no restraints because he has no worries about getting reelected. Way to go guys. I hope you're comfortable with all your high and mighty principles as your rights and freedoms are steadily chipped away by the libs that YOU helped keep in power.

Don't even think about claiming things would be the same with Romney as President. That's just Bull.

^^^This^^^

Especially on Healthcare. Not a single Republican voted for it. There's not a hell of a lot they can do when they are out numbered in both branches of Congress.

For all those people that complain about the Republicans and particularly those that did not vote for Romney, quit your *****in, you got exactly what Romney supporters told you you would. Four more years of Obama with no restraints because he has no worries about getting reelected. Way to go guys. I hope you're comfortable with all your high and mighty principles as your rights and freedoms are steadily chipped away by the libs that YOU helped keep in power.

Don't even think about claiming things would be the same with Romney as President. That's just Bull.

I held my nose and voted for Romney, but I disagree.
Why do you guys keep glossing over the fact that he passed an AWB as governor? What makes you think he wouldn't have done the same after Sandy Hook? I mean, he was touted as a principled man during the election, who would stick to his values no matter what. Obviously his values include stricter gun control than many of us favor. Why would he change positions?
Bear, I agree with you on a lot of issues. On this one, I think you're a little off base.

I held my nose and voted for Romney, but I disagree.
Why do you guys keep glossing over the fact that he passed an AWB as governor? What makes you think he wouldn't have done the same after Sandy Hook? I mean, he was touted as a principled man during the election, who would stick to his values no matter what. Obviously his values include stricter gun control than many of us favor. Why would he change positions?
Bear, I agree with you on a lot of issues. On this one, I think you're a little off base.

Gloss over? There were people on here trying to explain why he signed an AWB.

Back
Top Bottom