• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is sad all the way around

Details on the hazing have yet to come out, but the FNG always catches more than his share of crap. I'm not sure if this is a case of the pussification of our youth, or pack mentality run a muck.

I am just sorry the child felt as though that was the only answer. To have that much on your mind, to make a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Gob be with him and his family.

Details on the hazing have yet to come out, but the FNG always catches more than his share of crap. I'm not sure if this is a case of the pussification of our youth, or pack mentality run a muck.

If by pussification you might be implying that he was somehow not man enough to deal with his abusers, I think that is a bit indignant. The fact that he was willing enough to serve rules that out in my mind.

If by pussification you might be implying that he was somehow not man enough to deal with his abusers, I think that is a bit indignant. The fact that he was willing enough to serve rules that out in my mind.

Mine too. You are already in a stressful situation im sure. In a combat zone. Then you have to worry about the people who are suppose to be on your side. Thats crazy.

Hazing has not gotten worse in the last 100 years, but bully related suicide seems to be up. We see middle school kids killing themselves after being "cyber" bullied.

Our children are becoming less equipped to deal with adversity. We don't tolerate winners and losers anymore. I have a hard time believing 8 professionals including an officer abused this kid and I believe something else is at play here.

I had a friend I served with for years. He and I went through AIT, language school and were promoted together. He offed himself after coming home from a deployment to find his wife left him for another man.

Suicides happen and they are sad especially when they happen to young people. I find it hard, however, to charge people with manslaughter because they were mean.

Back
Top Bottom