• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THIS IS SOME BULL ****

Why didn't he just lock the car and leave the gun? Had he been drinking? Was he or his friends involved in the fight before he went and got the gun? That's some facts I would like to know. If you knowingly go into a club where a brawl is in progress with a firearm, you're just putting yourself in a bad situation. No way he deserves 25 years.

So what. He went to look for his friends. What if it had been his wife? Would it have been ok then???
and I'm sure the bikers in Texas are justified because they were just protecting their "friends" also, that sure turned out great didn't it?

Obviously the jury determined that his use of force was unreasonable. Of course there will be a story about why he went back, I would hope he could have come up with something with his lawyer before court. I especially like how the article emphasized that the vehicle was unlocked. So, lock it ... pretty simple ... doesn't mean you have to strap on your gun and head back to the brawl.

So, basically we have a guy who knows there is a fight going on. He leaves and goes to a vehicle that he knows contains a firearm. He retrieves the firearm and heads back to the scene of an active fight. Once there, he gets pushed / shoved / punched. Though that should be no surprise since there are clearly multiple people fighting, he becomes so fearful for his life, that he feels it is necessary to discharge his firearm with the extreme likelihood of causing death.

Sounds like he should have stayed in the kiddie pool . . . he jumped in and the water got a little deep for him.

and I'm sure the bikers in Texas are justified because they were just protecting their "friends" also, that sure turned out great didn't it?

Obviously the jury determined that his use of force was unreasonable. Of course there will be a story about why he went back, I would hope he could have come up with something with his lawyer before court. I especially like how the article emphasized that the vehicle was unlocked. So, lock it ... pretty simple ... doesn't mean you have to strap on your gun and head back to the brawl.

So, basically we have a guy who knows there is a fight going on. He leaves and goes to a vehicle that he knows contains a firearm. He retrieves the firearm and heads back to the scene of an active fight. Once there, he gets pushed / shoved / punched. Though that should be no surprise since there are clearly multiple people fighting, he becomes so fearful for his life, that he feels it is necessary to discharge his firearm with the extreme likelihood of causing death.

Sounds like he should have stayed in the kiddie pool . . . he jumped in and the water got a little deep for him.

The bikers in TX went into a brawl with the intent to do bodily harm and/or kill. It's a HUGE difference.

This guy went to look for his friends, and he armed himself before doing so because there were fights going on. He defended himself when he was knocked to the ground from behind and punched, and he said he was in fear for his life. Nothing about that story demonstrates anything ILLEGAL. He was charged by a liberal prosecutor and convicted by a liberal jury in liberal Tampa.

Once again if he had been beaten prior to retrieving the gun and went back for retribution, he would've been guilty. But that is not what happened.

"arguing and fighting inside of the club, and the chaos . . . involving dozens of people"

If you leave that, and then walk back into it expecting to somehow magically not become involved, you are demonstrating extremely poor judgment. Out of "dozens of people" he was the only one who felt that it was necessary to start shooting. No one there was being killed and it didn't report that any of his "friends" were even injured. It was simply a bar fight that, for whatever his reasons, he chose to get involved with and then he decided to pull a gun.

"arguing and fighting inside of the club, and the chaos . . . involving dozens of people"

If you leave that, and then walk back into it expecting to somehow magically not become involved, you are demonstrating extremely poor judgment. Out of "dozens of people" he was the only one who felt that it was necessary to start shooting. No one there was being killed and it didn't report that any of his "friends" were even injured. It was simply a bar fight that, for whatever his reasons, he chose to get involved with and then he decided to pull a gun.

Poor judgment is NOT against the law. And with the little info given in that article, you can't even honestly say he exhibited poor judgment.

Was he intoxicated? Did he go back in the bar which is probably illegal in FL. Yeah those things would show poor judgment. Or did he just retrieve his gun, while sober, and walk around the streets trying to find his friends - not poor judgment.

I'm guessing that you believe that only police can protect us and we should not protect ourselves. If so, you are wrong. I cant say what I would have done, but if I'm getting beat down, someone is getting shot. I'm not going to lay on the ground and hope whoever is beating me knows enough when to stop.

"Michael’s judge expressed concern over the sentence: “Frankly, I think the 25-year mandatory is overly harsh on the facts of this case, but that’s what the law requires I do….I have no legal authority to impose less than that.”

But he did have the authority to throw out the case or at least vacate the verdict....

So this guy has been in a Flori'du prison for the past 4 years?

Back
Top Bottom