• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thought I was going to a closeout sale??

chief401

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
I was told about a gun store in Laurens County that was in some kind of trouble with ATF and that they had a few days to sell their gun inventory. I do not know the details of what happened with the ATF, only what a third party told me. (so I will not say what I heard) Anyway, I made a call and they told me, "yes, we are selling all our guns at cost to move as much inventory as we can). I ride up there this morning to spend a fair amount of cash. I started looking at prices and thought that could not be sale prices! I finally got to talk to a sales person and informed him I was looking to pick up a few rifles. I asked how I could tell what the "sale" prices were. He replied, "you tell me what you are interested in and I will give you the price, we are selling everything at cost".
I was looking to pick up a few more 22 rifles and an AR. No 5.56/223 AR's left, so I saw a 10/22 takedown, some 15/22's, Marlin 60's. I asked for a sale price on each. Here are the super dooper closeout, everything must go prices:

Marlin model 60, wood/blue.........$180
10/22 takedown.............$350
15/22 FDE....................$525

I politely asked IF THESE WERE THE AT COST/SALE PRICES? he replied, "yes sir". I rolled on out of there.

I bet if you wait that store will be suddenly not in trouble anymore and have made a killing off their "clearance".

Back
Top Bottom