• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on buying new Guns and "the Form"

I like buying used to save money. That's it. I've bought many guns and filled out many many forms. Either way it does not bother me. I just like meeting new people on here .

I agree, this site helps with saving a few bucks....and for the most part you end up making more friends than trades. A form is just a form. If someone wants to know what you have for the most part all they have to do is ask....

The main difference is the FFL might be a lot more careful with your info since they "have" to keep it in their book, some nimrod , wannabe might not be so careful. You actually answered your own ? with the "non-required BOS". I am not now nor ever have been so paranoid as to invent requirements that don't exist. If I buy from an FFL, I fill out the form because it is the law. If I buy from a non FFL, I don't fill out anything, because it also is the law, it isn't required.

Funny how everyone says the 4473 isn't a problem.. (Here it comes) But ask the same one for a non-required BOS and see them light up...

Back
Top Bottom