• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on diesel engine cars

Lol. Biggest headache ive had in a while is selling my jetta back to vw. When they break, its never minor.
They can gladly have it back.
Wait a few months. These that are beimg bougjt back will be modified and resold. They will jabe nerfed performance but should be dirt cheap. If i could buy one under 5k it would be above and beyond economical

That’s what I’m talking bout! That’s what I get out of a V6 now. How long you had the duramax? Are maintenance/repairs any different in terms of frequency or cost?
had several of them. about 3 years now, water pump, a few hoses,alternator,fuel pressure regulator,and rebuilt the injectors myself. and this was all after 300k. other than that just service it. every no and them you can find a duramax swapped suburban. they are not cheap, but most break 25 to 28 mpg's.

Lol. Biggest headache ive had in a while is selling my jetta back to vw. When they break, its never minor.
They can gladly have it back.
Wait a few months. These that are beimg bougjt back will be modified and resold. They will jabe nerfed performance but should be dirt cheap. If i could buy one under 5k it would be abobe and beyond economical
what the heck???? you gotta get a new spell check. our should i say"youvb grotten gort o snew sprall choke":becky:
all kidding aside, what was "jabe nerfed performance" supposed to mean?

Good point. There aren’t that many options to begin with. Not interested in any of the VW suvs as I’ve heard nothing positive about them. BMW and Mercedes are hit or miss to begin with, but their diesel engines have been around a good while. Just wondering if the extra gas mileage is worth any unforeseen hassles that I’m not aware of.

what the heck???? you gotta get a new spell check. our should i say"youvb grotten gort o snew sprall choke":becky:
all kidding aside, what was "jabe nerfed performance" supposed to mean?
lol my bad. Glad you figured it out.

They will be nerfed by the modification made to them that allows them to be resold back to the public.

All vw 2.0s and 3.0s 2009 and up were recalled

and I was gonna mention the durability of the diesel jeep products. a swiss bro of mine has one and swears by it, but you started with Mercs and BMW's so never mind.
a place just up the raod from my shop has a 2011(i think) grand cherokee diesel for 10,900.

lol my bad. Glad you figured it out.

They will be nerfed by the modification made to them that allows them to be resold back to the public.

All vw 2.0s and 3.0s 2009 and up were recalled
that was the best post i have read in a long time....

I’m looking at either a Mercedes GL or BMW X5. Both are offered in either a fuel efficient (relatively) but supposedly still gutsy turbodiesel or a thirsty V8. I’ve owned a few bmws and they are already potential money pits, but I’m wondering if throwing a diesel in the mix is good or bad.
I don't think I'd buy any BMW even if I was in that income bracket. But I had no idea they had a diesel option. Diesel engines haven't been embraced by most American drivers aside from the Super Duty/ Dodge Cummins crowd. Maybe some folks still have a bad taste in their mouths from American diesel powered vehicles from the 70s and 80s. When I was in middle school our neighbors owned an Olds Delta 88 with a diesel engine.The problem was it was a retrofit diesel based on a GM V8 gas engine. I'm sure all of y'all have heard the horror stories about those. But it's a whole different game today. I wish there was a diesel option for all vehicles.
Another interesting point is that in Europe most vehicles are diesel powered. Fuel is very expensive over there and they need the max MPG from their vehicles. Plus in Germany your car tag/tax amount is directly related to the engine size. So there ain't many commoners driving A8 Audi's and 7 series BMWs. That's why turbo chargers are also big over there.
Seriously I wish there were more diesel options. Like a diesel Jeep Wrangler or Liberty. Yes there was a diesel Liberty for a very short time and they're hard to find. But really a diesel Corolla, Accent, Versa etc. Just imagine what kind of mileage you could get.

I don't think I'd buy any BMW even if I was in that income bracket. But I had no idea they had a diesel option. Diesel engines haven't been embraced by most American drivers aside from the Super Duty/ Dodge Cummins crowd. Maybe some folks still have a bad taste in their mouths from American diesel powered vehicles from the 70s and 80s. When I was in middle school our neighbors owned an Olds Delta 88 with a diesel engine.The problem was it was a retrofit diesel based on a GM V8 gas engine. I'm sure all of y'all have heard the horror stories about those. But it's a whole different game today. I wish there was a diesel option for all vehicles.
Another interesting point is that in Europe most vehicles are diesel powered. Fuel is very expensive over there and they need the max MPG from their vehicles. Plus in Germany your car tag/tax amount is directly related to the engine size. So there ain't many commoners driving A8 Audi's and 7 series BMWs. That's why turbo chargers are also big over there.
Seriously I wish there were more diesel options. Like a diesel Jeep Wrangler or Liberty. Yes there was a diesel Liberty for a very short time and they're hard to find. But really a diesel Corolla, Accent, Versa etc. Just imagine what kind of mileage you could get.
they are actually very uncommon in the us

Back
Top Bottom