• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on new car stereo installations...

Used factory radio components are probably available pretty cheap. Maybe even upgraded or newer models are available that work. The forum for your vehicle will probably have good info.

For those still curious, here's the final update I found a few weeks ago regarding my failing car stereo. I was able to find a local shop near the Gwinnett Mall area that deals in truck/suv accessories that had a like new updated factory Ford Sync radio unit. The shops name is Total Appearance for those that wanna check out the store. I was able to get it for a little over $500 installed by them. They did great work and I just couldn't beat the price. After all the research I put in, I just didn't like the idea of turning my interior dash into a Franken-radio job with something that would change the factory aesthetics of the vehicle.

Not really interested in a refurbished unit at the moment. Wanna try and stick with new equipment if I can help it. But I know that adds up quickly.

For those still curious, here's the final update I found a few weeks ago regarding my failing car stereo. I was able to find a local shop near the Gwinnett Mall area that deals in truck/suv accessories that had a like new updated factory Ford Sync radio unit. The shops name is Total Appearance for those that wanna check out the store. I was able to get it for a little over $500 installed by them. They did great work and I just couldn't beat the price. After all the research I put in, I just didn't like the idea of turning my interior dash into a Franken-radio job with something that would change the factory aesthetics of the vehicle.
So, decided to throw in the towel after all?

Joking… thanks for the update.

So, decided to throw in the towel after all?

Joking… thanks for the update.

Absolutely threw in the towel on paying the insane quotes of $2k+ on new units. Lol.

I love listening to my favorite music in my car as much as the next guy but when the price of TV's, computers, etc. have plummeted over the years but car stereo prices have remained constant, I couldn't justify paying those prices quoted to me.

Curious how this works out. These days the 'radios' are tied into so many different systems they must be really hard to simply swap out.
yeah, mine has the climate controls in it, the backup camera, stereo, phone. I dont think you can replicate the climate controls in a non oem unit, but I may be wrong. The "problem" with new cars is once the electronics start to go bad you a f'd.

Back
Top Bottom