• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

8A0E937A-B393-46CF-A443-B045E6083D73.jpeg F5F91A4B-B920-44DA-841F-6552293B0CFD.jpeg
Here’s a couple I’ve caught lately !

Cooter69

No fish in this pic but my daughter wanted to practice her casting yesterday. We are on St George Island. In the distance was Tropical Storm Barry before he became Barry.

View attachment 2194086
Nice pic. Looks like she's got a nice trough in front of her.

Hey, what it that rod holder?

Caution. If you are a hardcore fly fisherman stop reading. Took my new to me fly fishing rod and reel out today to my local pond. Was just practicing casting and had a brilliant idea!! I put a hook and live worm on my tippet and proceeded to catch and release a dozen fish. I wanted to see how it felt to catch a fish on a fly rod and strip the line. Ummm, I love it. Wow.

Caution. If you are a hardcore fly fisherman stop reading. Took my new to me fly fishing rod and reel out today to my local pond. Was just practicing casting and had a brilliant idea!! I put a hook and live worm on my tippet and proceeded to catch and release a dozen fish. I wanted to see how it felt to catch a fish on a fly rod and strip the line. Ummm, I love it. Wow.
They make great Crappie rods, too. :thumb:

BLASPHEMY! Try a Squirmy Worm or San Juan Worm.

I knew you’d say that!! Lol. I will tie em all on tomorrow and see what works.

To be honest, I was trout fishing with a buddy one time. He was using a spinning rod and crickets and catching 1 after another. I had 6-7 cricket flies, but I wasn't catching anything. So....I tied a hook on and started using live crickets. But don't tell anyone.

To be honest, I was trout fishing with a buddy one time. He was using a spinning rod and crickets and catching 1 after another. I had 6-7 cricket flies, but I wasn't catching anything. So....I tied a hook on and started using live crickets. But don't tell anyone.
Just the other day I ran into a guy on the river that was having a blast. He said he was a hard core fly fisherman that had just discovered the joy of spin fishing for trout. He was amazed at how many more fish he was catching.

Back
Top Bottom