• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time for new tires for Tundra currently BFG KO2s

I have personally seen 3 sets of Michelin LTX A/T 2’s go 100k before replacement (these are well maintained fleet vehicles) on the following vehicles 2016 f250 diesel, 2019 f250 diesel and 2021 dodge 2500 Cummins. Will set you back some coin but it’s no contest when compared to the Goodyears and coopers we have ran on similar vehicles. These trucks get loaded down with job boxes and see a fair amount of gravel, wood chip yards, dirt roads but predominantly over the hwy to job sites.

I have personally seen 3 sets of Michelin LTX A/T 2’s go 100k before replacement (these are well maintained fleet vehicles) on the following vehicles 2016 f250 diesel, 2019 f250 diesel and 2021 dodge 2500 Cummins. Will set you back some coin but it’s no contest when compared to the Goodyears and coopers we have ran on similar vehicles. These trucks get loaded down with job boxes and see a fair amount of gravel, wood chip yards, dirt roads but predominantly over the hwy to job sites.
I have these on a 4x4 f150 and they show little wear after 15k miles.

yesterdays rains exposed that I am also in need of tires as well. Currently have Toyo at3’s, about 1/4“, around 45k on them and they are completely useless in the wet. most of the folks at work have nitto ridge grapplers, speak very highly of them

Ive looked at the Michelin LTX as I run Michelins on our cars. The LTX looks like a street tire. Im sure they would be fine for a muddy road or driving a wet field road.

Ive looked at the Michelin LTX as I run Michelins on our cars. The LTX looks like a street tire. Im sure they would be fine for a muddy road or driving a wet field road.
Most cases you can get by with street tires. But when you gotta go in adverse conditions you'll be glad to have the BFGs. And you won't need the 4 wheel drive as often either

They do make an AT tire in the LTX line. They also have a new LTX defender platinum line designed for HD trucks that gets a 70K warranty and is a bit more agressive. I will say that the appearance of the tire will fool you off road especially the dry rocky stuff. The wet muddy stuff a mud tire is called for anyway. I've ran the BFG before and it was probably a little better when it got muddy but just a little, the tradeoff was the shorter tread life, but more than that was the noisier ride before the tires were done.

I think I have gotten spoiled with the smooth quiet ride and still not worrying about too much off pavement short of deep mud.

Back
Top Bottom