• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time for new tires for Tundra currently BFG KO2s

BF Goodrich makes some fantastic more specific use style tires, off road, drag racing, high performance etc.. some of the best ever made really! However for a all around every day all day do it all tire, NOTHING in the market can EFF with a Michelin product…

I own both the BFG KO's on a truck and the Michelin LTX Defenders on a F250. Both are outstanding but the Michelins are tops for me. I really never go anywhere that I need the aggressiveness of the BFG's.

A Michelin LTX is a good tires but they are not meant for any off road. If you think you're on muddy gravel roads, hay fields, ect.. them are suited for pavement. If I was looking at aggressive, that's Not full-on mud, Toyo RT all day. Or Toyo RT Trail. Or Toyo AT3. Nitto Ridge Grappler. Any GOOD premium tire on trucks are high as hell. My Powerstroke wears a 35x12.50-20 last time I priced new Toyos they were near $400 tire

I used to run nothing but BFG AT KO, but Mickey Thompson shames them, especially if you get in messy stuff.
IMG_2321.png

A Michelin LTX is a good tires but they are not meant for any off road. If you think you're on muddy gravel roads, hay fields, ect.. them are suited for pavement.
They're fine for these things, occasional light duty offroad stuff. I go through all three just getting up my driveway.

BF Goodrich makes some fantastic more specific use style tires, off road, drag racing, high performance etc.. some of the best ever made really! However for a all around every day all day do it all tire, NOTHING in the market can EFF with a Michelin product…
I agree, but Michelin does own BF Goodrich as well. I think that is one of the main reasons you don't see a Michelin MT or off road specialty tire, they us their BF Goodrich brand for that.

I use my truck almost identical to you. I’ve had Goodyear Wranglers, Michelin LTX’s and General Grabber ATX’s on it. The Goodyears were garbage and only made it 20k, the Michelin’s were great but only got 40k. The General’s are my favorite so far. I’ve gotten even wear at 40k and probably will get another 20k from them. They handle mud, water, gravel and pavement equally well and were cheaper than the other two. The trade off is they are a bit noisier and I get a fraction less mpg (I’m guessing). I don’t get much longevity mileage-wise as others because I put very little highway mileage on my truck. Most driving is short trips and I drive hard (all brake or all gas)…just being honest for comparison purposes. If you do enough highway driving to justify them, I’d get the Michelin’s. If you’re a rural or around town guy without many long trips, get the General’s or Coopers (had those previously and loved them). Goodyear are almost universally garbage. Just my experiences.

I am on my 3rd set of General Graber AT2's 315/75/r16 on a 2001 F350 power stroke truck great tires and I am ready to replace them but cant find any.

BF Goodrich Trail Terrain T/A's. 60k mile warranty and a 60 day return policy. Quieter and smoother than my old KO's.

Cheap to boot!

Back
Top Bottom