• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TIME TO FESS UP! What's the most you've overpaid for gun stuff?

Steyr M9 for $600.00. Great pistol, but when they moved from GA to AL they dumped all inventory to CDNN. CDNN put the same pistols on the market for $330.00 each.

100 rnd "snail mag" for mini 14 for $110.00, loaded it up the next day, set it down with a little bit of a thud on a table and watched over half of the rnds puke out while it jumped around the table.

$450.00 for the Beta mag when banned.

Bought my first HK91 in 1990...after the Bush 41 Paramilitary rifle importation ban... mags and accessories were stupid money...have NO idea how many hew in wrap steel amd aluminum mags I bought that were $50 to 75 a piece... still have them all... Uggghhhh...

I am another one of the AR for to much guy. The retail was $1400, so I thought it was a steal at $1150. Now I see them around for 6 ish. Gripes my ass

I hate to admit this but at that same show where I sold a bunch of .223 I was standing around with my buddy gawking at the panic stricken buyers of PSA M4geries for $1,600 and the dealer had them stacked up like jets at ATL waiting to fill out 4473s. For once it felt good to be the old codger (read: Ant, from the ant and the grasshopper) laughing and wondering WTF? I kind of felt bad for all the people panicked into buying, but not really.

Back
Top Bottom