• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time to flog the dead horse again!

canoecanoe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
118   0
Reaction score
I keep seeing the same listings over and over again. These items are obviously not selling. No big deal for me as I just move on. I am just curious that these folks keep relisting at the same price hoping that a new viewer will come along and bite,

If you want to sell and/or need the money, adjust your price to fit the market. If you don't need to sell, why keep relisting? In this market, your item may be worth less that what you paid or hope to get. If it is priced right, it will sell.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Again, no skin off of my nose, I just feel empathy for those caught in this morass.

Carry on, I have.

Good luck with the sale/sell/cell/convey/de-acquisition

What's the big deal? Not everybody looks at every ad every day.
I'm not being disrespectful. But everyone on the ODT (and the US) is free to ask whatever they want. Let the potential buyers evaluate the products and draw their own conclusions. And everyone is free to laugh at the ads in the privacy of their own home/laptop.

Let the free market work. :)

I am not arguing that point at all. It makes no difference to me. No, everyone does not look at every ad everyday. I am referring to adds that have been relisted ad infinitum, ad naseum.

Ask what you want as many times as you want. It is your privilege. If it does not sell, there is probably a reason, and that reason is most likely price.

I am just saying that if you actually want to sell an item, the item has to be priced at what the market will bear.

None of my business really, I'm just trying to be helpful. If this thread bothers you, you are free to move on as well.

As someone pointed out in another post we have new people coming in every day who haven't seen all the ads before. There may very well be something listed that someone is looking for.

Back
Top Bottom