• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To Save Gas, What Would You Do?

CIRCLE K ??!! You gotta be kidn ?
They cant get you another fuel account ? Like someone that has more than two stations in the entire state !
Racetrac, Quicktrip, Texaco, Shell..... just to name a few
I love your thoughts, same as mine. And zip said it in a meeting with them. Their excuse was “CK gives us a huge discount at the pay day if we reach the amount of gallons agreed...” Man, the other day, Boss called all of us, asking why weren’t getting 100% CK.... Someone is getting a cut under the desk....$$$$

A car is driving down the road. He realizes that the gas gage is dangerously low and he is in the middle of nowhere on an empty road. After a while the car runs completely out of gas and rolls to a stop. The man stands and hopes that just maybe a car would drive by and help but no one came. The man had just decided to start walking when he heard something say, "having car trouble?" The man looked around and behind his car and said, "WHO SAID THAT?!?!" "Up here" The voice said. The man looked up and saw a little bee. The man quickly jumped back and said, "YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TALK!!! AND YES I AM HAVING CAR TROUBLE!" The bee went into the car and saw the gas gage and told the man," don't move, I'l be right back." The man waited for about 10 min. until he heard a low buzzing noise.... then it got louder... and louder until he saw a swarm of bees coming towards him and his car. They all said in one loud buzzing voice, "open the gas tank pleazzzze" The man did as they asked and they all flew into the gas tank... the man was puzzled. then all the bees flew back out and said in the same voice, "start the engine pleazzze." The man turned the key and it started right up! "WHAT DID YOU PUT IN IT?!?!?" the man asked. "BP" the bees answered.

Seemed appropriate.
As I was reading your nice story, I was making the scenes in my mind. Very nice movie clip. Lol....
Love it!!!!

The Van that I drive from work, I can only get gas at Circle K because of their contract or gas card, something company has with them. - This morning when I noticed, gas was hitting the bottom "E", and the next gas station would be almost the numbers of miles or more that the van was showing I could go.
I had to basically SAVE GAS to be able to reach at the place. What would you do? What is the best way to save the freaking gasoline?
1) Press cruise control at 65 MPH
2) Slow Down to 55 MPH and barely hit the gas pedal
3) Turn AC and Ventilation OFF and open the windows.
4) Get your car behind a semi truck and take the advantage of the "vacuum-air-pulling" behind the big box

I thought I would get out of gas on I-85 South today. Thank God, I've made it!

But following these thoughts above, what would be the best option?
@Gunanddoglover you're a Car Doc, what you think?
Red40b0030adfd61e248bc738eba77de5
Stop the van and put in neutral with the windows rolled up. Then exit the van and walk around behind and push to the station. Guaranteed to save gas!

Back
Top Bottom