• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To the owners of "unfired" firearms

AuburnFan

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
58   0
Reaction score
I have been an ODTer for a little over 3 months and seeing all the unfired and seriously low round count firearms all I can say is you guys have way more discipline and will power than I. I have never met a gun I didn't want to shoot or owned one that I didn't shoot as often as I could afford.

i did trade an unfired G17 a couple of months back but only because I traded for it at a gunshow and found something I could live without on ODT that same night. That may very well be the only unfired or under 200 rnds gun you ever see from me.

My hat off to you sirs and ma'ams.

If it's my carry gun I do. If it's not, I may or may not shoot it.

This^^

I've owned lots of guns (and other toys) that were bought as "impulse buys". They happened to catch my eye when I had cash in my pocket, so I bought them. Some I shoot, most I don't...especially rifles.

I shoot everything.. However, there are guns in my safe that have never been shot. Mainly because of lack of an outdoor range. Example .. I wont shoot a 338 Lapua at an indoor range or without typical environment say a 200-500 yd range. Waste of ammo...

I enjoy the adds that say NIB never fired and think that makes it a new gun still! If you buy a gun from a dealer then it is USED! It's fine to say still like brand new or whatever but to say it's brand new isn't true! Ask a dealer to buy a so called new gun from you at full price and they will laugh you out the door. I have owned several guns that were never fired outside of the factory but I try my best to shoot them all.

Back
Top Bottom