• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trade drought

NGIB

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
Haven't seen it like this in over 10 years - nothing is out there. Yes, I know SE GA is a smallish market but nothing is moving down here and very little is available. About the only things being listed is Sig 250s and such. I've listed a Glock 19, OD Glock 17, and 2 quality 1911s and I received no decent offers at all. Yes I'm being picky in what I'm looking for but that generally doesn't stop offers from coming in. The one offer I had last week that I accepted - the guy backed out the next day when it was time to setup the meet. Even stuff for sale is very slim and I have gun cash as well.

Oh well, I have lots of guns and I was just interested in different stuff...

Nothing to speak of at the local stores either. Funny as a Ruger Commander has been sitting on the shelf at my LGS for weeks and I don't need/want one...

Probably should wander through a few of the local pawn shops - may be something there as soldiers tend to pawn stuff and we have a bunch of them...

I have noticed price increases on everything. Not as much in the way of good deals. I guess the trading market is easier because - "Presto" - my gun is now worth more. But my $ is now worth less. The gun industry is booming, the good deals are more scarce.

NGIB - you may also suffer from being Geographically Undesirable - it's a long ride from Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom