• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trigger upgrades in a SD carry gun

It’s threads like this that reinforce the utter contempt and disgust I have with the vast majority of lawyers. They’ve got decent, law-abiding folks afraid to defend themselves in the best ways possible.

x1 million. I cannot agree more.

Isn't it also true that many officers simply aren't that proficient with their weapons and a LE officer is much more likely to have to hold someone at gunpoint than an average citizen?

Not trying to dump on the officers that don't practice that much, but a heavy trigger reduces the likelihood of an ND at a very unfortunate moment.

I know of a lot of cops I have known or observed many at ranges over the past 25 years, that don’t shoot a lot. They practice once in awhile for their annual qualification, and it often shows.

It’s not just about convictions. It could be about losing your home to pay your legal fees to fight bs claims that you made your gun more deadly or something stupid...
Ok..

Still waiting on the case where someone lost their home from defending a gun modification on their gun used in a self defense shooting.

There were several articles posted that cited many court cases where gun modifications and ammo were used in court and had to be defended. You can start by reading up on those...

If you need a trigger job to hit the target, and want to concoct your own fragmenting hand loads, go for it man. It’s a free country.

Used in court doesn't = effective in court.

I was sued when I was 20 by a lady who hit me, typical "my neck my back" sleezy ambulance chasing lawyer, the whole nine yards. Their lawyer repeated over and over how big and made of solid steel my car was (74 Dodge dart) and how much more damage it was capable of than modern cars.

The reason he was going there was because all the facts and the law was against him. It was desperation and made him look pathetic to the jury. Point is lawyer will try everything they can, but my major concern is to have the facts and the law on my side. If a gun mod gives me an advantage in a fight then I'll take that over stressing irrationally over what some prosecutor might attempt to pull.

There were several articles posted that cited many court cases where gun modifications and ammo were used in court and had to be defended. You can start by reading up on those...

If you need a trigger job to hit the target, and want to concoct your own fragmenting hand loads, go for it man. It’s a free country.
You keep going back to insulting a person's ability to shoot. cmshoot cmshoot has already made you an offer about that. So will I.

You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

Back
Top Bottom