• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tula Ammo Destroying Glock Striker

cwilli15

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
19   0
Reaction score
So, I went to my local gun range today and shot 10 rounds of Federal Hydro-Shok .45 and 36 rounds of Tula steel-cased .45 ammo through my Glock 30S, which has had between 800-900 rounds down the pipe prior to this outing. After that 36th round, every time I pulled the trigger, I heard a click sound, but nothing happened. Tried it with several different rounds, nothing changed. I did a field breakdown on the Glock and couldn't see the firing pin. As you could imagine, with all the hype around Glocks and their durability, I was flabbergasted. I showed the gun to the guys working the counter and told them what happened. After taking the slide piece apart, one of them pulled a broken striker out of my Glock. They asked me what type of ammo I use in it, and I admitted that I primarily shot Tula steel-cased ammo through it. They said that was the problem since Tula is "hard primed," which apparently causes the striker to work significantly harder, and then, they sold me and installed a titanium striker, claiming this one will never break. See, before I bulk purchased 2000 rounds of Tula .45 ammo, I did a good amount of research on why a lot of people dislike steel-cased ammo, and I've NEVER once heard/read anything about Tula ammo breaking strikers.

First question: Has this happened to anyone else on here? Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Could this just be a case of me getting a lemon striker when the manufacturers were putting the Glock together (one of the guys mentioned the striker could just be an old one)?

Second question: Is it true titanium strikers will never break?

I have put thousands of rounds of tula through my 17, my 26 and my 21 each. I have never had that problem. Tula might have hard primers, but no harder than any other military spec primer. You just had a fluke bad striker IMO. glock would have replaced it for free. I think you got rooked on the titanium striker. Those are almost exclusively marketed as being lighter, not marketed as being stronger.

Sounds like user error. :D

Never heard of that problem with Tula. I automatically distrust anyone who says something will NEVER break. Cuz there's always some dude out there who finds a way break something.

Back
Top Bottom