• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tula Ammo Destroying Glock Striker

Anyone watch the iraqvet torture test yet on the Gen 3 17? They fed it the amount of steel cased ammo the op is talking about in under 15 minutes lol

I guess it depends on how much he paid for a new striker. I have never needed to buy one so I don't know. If you calculate half a day and gas to drive to glock or $40 shipping and a full week out of commission maybe it's a wash. Either way if the striker was broken it needed replacement and the guy that works at the gun store did exactly what his boss demands of him....sell stuff
For the record, the striker I was sold cost me $68, including tax.

Just about every manual i have read said not to use steel ammo. It's hard on firing pins, extractors, and ejectors. Not to mention chamber. Sure there are guys out there that run that crap but I respect my guns to much to abuse them with junk ammo. I don't know how many serious guns guys and gunsmiths that would tell you to not even shoot the gun if that's all you have. I have been in so many debates about that ammo. Next time you get a chance see what your manual says about it. I am talking big name manufactures not surplus AK 47's.

Just about every manual i have read said not to use steel ammo. It's hard on firing pins, extractors, and ejectors. Not to mention chamber. Sure there are guys out there that run that crap but I respect my guns to much to abuse them with junk ammo. I don't know how many serious guns guys and gunsmiths that would tell you to not even shoot the gun if that's all you have. I have been in so many debates about that ammo. Next time you get a chance see what your manual says about it. I am talking big name manufactures not surplus AK 47's.

Your opinions are so bad you should feel bad
http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/

Good link... how often do you see a bolt this nasty? vvv
www.luckygunner.com_labs_wp_content_uploads_2012_11_dirtybcgsm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom