• F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

Wallace's

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Looking at getting a Tundra or F-150. Would like some more opinions.

Trim level and exact models I am looking at:

2016 Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew cab with the 5.7 FFV V8

2016/17 F-150 FX4 4X4 3.5L EcoBoost XLT

Things I know already:

• Ford wins hands down on fuel economy...by a loooong shot
  • Toyota wins for how it drives and rides IMHO
  • Interior space seems about the same, F-150 possibly feel a tad smaller inside (my perception), especially up front
  • Ford goes down the road really well, but even though the power band is better with the Ecoboost, it just feels like the Tundra has better low end torque (again, the power curve and # should say otherwise, just my perception)
  • Aesthetics, I love how classy the F-150 looks, but the Tundra looks nice and rugged. Kind of a toss up for me really

How do you guys like the pulling power of the 3.5 with a trailer? Same question for the 5.7?

Any general comments, complaints, praises, "wish I would have gotten that option instead", etc....

Below are the 2 trucks. Yoda is pre-owned and under $40K with 26K miles (certified pre-owned, 1 owner). F-150 is new (good luck finding a used one, then if you do, good luck on price with a 16'. Ford is $44K.

upload_2017-2-28_18-40-29.png

Tundra. Hands down. Turbos gonna be expensive to service. And they gonna need servicing down the road. I have a Tundra Crewmax 4x4 and Interior space is much bigger than that F150. They both have their goods and Bads but the Tundra IMO is just better built.

Tundra. Hands down. Turbos gonna be expensive to service. And they gonna need servicing down the road. I have a Tundra Crewmax 4x4 and Interior space is much bigger than that F150. They both have their goods and Bads but the Tundra IMO is just better built.
What is your mileage? Mostly city or highway driving?

Any particular reason? I owned one years ago (2002) and was my favorite truck by far, but it also wasn't 4x4 or a TRD.

They are bulletproof man. The 5.7 iforce motor is bulletproof. They havent changed it because they havent had 2. The Ecoboost may be a little better if your gonna be towing all the time. But other than that, give me the Tundra. I LOVE mine.

Who is running Turbos on a truck ????

I drive a 13 F150 so I can't say much say about the eco boost. I do however travel a lot and I've noticed that if an ecoboost pulls a trailer for a long period on time, it ends up on the side of the road. And this is coming from a diehard American Vehicle lover. I'd buy the Tundra over the ecoboost

Back
Top Bottom