Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
What's the issue with the 4.3?

I have a '15 f150 3.5 na and there is no way I would spend my money on one.

IMG_0605.JPG

Have owned three Tundras and finally decided that I can't wear one out, so I am still driving my 2012. Had 2007 and 2009 Crew Max models, but moved to Double Cab for more bed/cargo storage. For ten years, nothing but routine service and the biggest recall was to ensure my gas pedal and floor mats didn't interfere. My gas mileage varies from 13 to about 17, but I didn't buy for the fuel economy. I love my American made Tundra.

View attachment 1081802

Have owned three Tundras and finally decided that I can't wear one out, so I am still driving my 2012. Had 2007 and 2009 Crew Max models, but moved to Double Cab for more bed/cargo storage. For ten years, nothing but routine service and the biggest recall was to ensure my gas pedal and floor mats didn't interfere. My gas mileage varies from 13 to about 17, but I didn't buy for the fuel economy. I love my American made Tundra.
I would love to have a camper shell too! My wife hates them, but after having them for almost 10 years now, they are super handy and hard to live without. Thanks for the feedback, that thing is loaded down! lol

What's the issue with the 4.3?

I have a '15 f150 3.5 na and there is no way I would spend my money on one.
The GM V6 4.3? Ummm, I hate that motor...lol I have seen it fail so so many times. My in-laws have had to replace theirs TWICE, and my maintenance manager swore GM off from that motor. We had one in a 1500 years ago, and it blew a head gasket relatively quickly. Just despise it. Low output, poor long term reliability, and crap on gas. I really have nothing good to say about it.

Well, I am going to drive the Ford again tomorrow, but have an appointment to go negotiate the Tundra tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed, I am buying a truck tomorrow.

Sadly, I will say goodbye to my Subaru STI. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Subaru, but Family requirements change, and its just too small for a family. Plus, my buddy may end up trading his supercharged Miata for my old GMC Sierra, so I will have SOMETHING fun to drive.

Back
Top Bottom