Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
I drive a 13 F150 so I can't say much say about the eco boost. I do however travel a lot and I've noticed that if an ecoboost pulls a trailer for a long period on time, it ends up on the side of the road. And this is coming from a diehard American Vehicle lover. I'd buy the Tundra over the ecoboost
I think the f150's are just now being made in usa again arent they?

What size bed is on that Toyota? It looks like 4'. I wouldn't want either of them, 6.5' bed minimum for me. Trucks are becoming less like trucks.
Not concerned about the smaller bed. If I were hauling a motorcycle, side by side or ATV, I would throw it on a trailer anyways. The bed on that Tundra would hold all the pine straw, mulch, etc... I would need. I would be towing cars with it every now and then, so the bed is irrelevant in the most part in my case.

Speaking from experience......I've never seen a Tundra with any major damage in a wreck. The F150's seem to crumble with any kind of contact from another vehicle or stationary object.

The Tundra's are tough as HELL.

Just what I've seen in my years of running wreck calls at work.
Good feedback to hear for sure! I was a State Farm inspector at a salvage auction for a while. All of mine were total losses, so I saw all models obliterated. I couldn't form an option from my experience in that aspect...lol

Well, I am going to drive the Ford again tomorrow, but have an appointment to go negotiate the Tundra tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed, I am buying a truck tomorrow.

Sadly, I will say goodbye to my Subaru STI. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Subaru, but Family requirements change, and its just too small for a family. Plus, my buddy may end up trading his supercharged Miata for my old GMC Sierra, so I will have SOMETHING fun to drive.

Damn man, I feel your pain. I traded in my 353hp/413tq 05 STI on a F150 years back. That is one car I would love to have back.

Back
Top Bottom