• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tune the Rossi R92 at nearly zero cost, no cutting, grinding, sanding or other highly skilled butchery of factory controlled metal parts is required

First, center the rear sight. Thoughtful of Rossi to provide a rear sight centering reference mark.

1.jpeg

Factory front sight provides limited adjustment and is too short (rifle shoots high with light bullets, it'll be worse with fast heavies)

2.jpeg

With both front and rear adjustable for windage and elevation, and the ability to split settings between front and rear, I'll be able to put the gun dead on with about any load and/range.

If you're going to have sights, the movement on target should be something less than "1 1/8" off hi or low". That's a wide miss on a small target, finer is better. (Had a sling swivel fan boi get a bit engaged arguing that even if the swivel had 32 TPI that would provide a point of impact only 1.125 high or 1.125 low, "well within the capability of the rifle"......Thanked him for his mathematical proof of the less versatile nature of said rear sight and moved on.)

I no longer burn time reloading, so, it'll pay to have adjustability against the fact I'll never be quite sure a particular load is available.

4.jpeg

If you really like your front sight, but the dot is small for targets and you need a big dot for hunting.....The slip on brass sleeves are great but.....they cost $25 or so.

For free you can have both target and hunting dots.

Locate an old ball point pen refill. They come in many colors, sizes and are quite durable.

IMG_20231128_083619450_HDR.jpg

Split it length wise, clip a section and slip it over your existing front sight....bead or blade.

The fit is quite snug and can be removed for switching between target and game. Or, a drop of super glue keeps it on quite well but is removable in the future.

IMG_20231128_084341108_HDR.jpg

Small white dot for target.

IMG_20231128_084247584.jpg

A further advantage with this adjustable front sight is further splitting the adjustment range. Each full turn moves the sight up or down .025". Now that I have a white on white on one side and a white on black on the other, I can make adjustments (via half turns) of the front sight as little as .0125" out front and with the rear elevator, split that down to as little as .0025". Very fine adjustments.

IMG_20231128_084749138.jpg

Larger white dot for game. Add a second slip over for a larger dot, white or a contrasting color. Not the easiest shot to get with a cell camera but it shows up nicely even on light background colors.

IMG_20231128_084558642.jpg

Back
Top Bottom