Turning 8

IMaDad

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
One year ago I have my son this victorinox for his seventh birthday:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436565910.450461.jpg

I told him to take care of it, keep it clean, keep it sharp, and always be careful. It is pretty clean, lightly worn, sharp, and no stitches yet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436565971.593185.jpg

Now this didn't get by me. When I was his age I was using my pocketknife to dig up worms and make mud trenches, attempting to cut concrete blocks, and slam it on any piece of metal I could find to see if it was "flint." Haha.

So this year, he got rewarded. We talked about how I was proud of him for being responsible, taking care of his tools and being safe.

I explained how when we can, we always buy quality tools. Then I have him these
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436566142.178272.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436566157.486081.jpg

Nothing crazy, but boy does he love them! He, being as responsible as he is, was super excited about the lifetime guarantee that each tool has.

He is more excited to take bigger things apart. Lol.

Maybe it me. It's just such a wonderful moment. This is one of those great moments I will never forget. Thought I would share.

Kudos to you Sir.

Does he have any guns yet?

Not that he knows about. Lol. He and his brother each have a lower locked away that we will build together.

He finally asked yesterday to learn about guns and to have one for himself. I agreed with conditions. I told him that it was very important to learn how to use guns, and to do so safely. I mentioned learning the 4 rules of safety and being able to repeat them before we go to a range with real guns.

He has shot the pellet gun and done fantastically.

As soon as he learns those rules we will be building that lower into a .22lr rig for lots of learning.

Anyone know where I can take a 7 and 8 year old shooting?

Not that he knows about. Lol. He and his brother each have a lower locked away that we will build together.

He finally asked yesterday to learn about guns and to have one for himself. I agreed with conditions. I told him that it was very important to learn how to use guns, and to do so safely. I mentioned learning the 4 rules of safety and being able to repeat them before we go to a range with real guns.

He has shot the pellet gun and done fantastically.

As soon as he learns those rules we will be building that lower into a .22lr rig for lots of learning.

Anyone know where I can take a 7 and 8 year old shooting?
Get a can and shoot in the back yard.

Back
Top Bottom