• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What insoles and steel toe boots do you use for work? 8 to 12 hours a day

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I work on concrete, asphalt, steel decks and steel ladders all day. My feet and knees are done at the end of the day.

Redwings for the last 30 years..
1000004198.jpg

Yep, know the feeling. I wore cheap boots as long as I could. Been wearing Danners ever since. They're a heavy boot, both in construction and weight. In the past, I could resole them twice before I wore them out. Now maybe once. They're not cheap, but a very very good boot. You're feet and joints will thank you once you get them broken in and you get used to the extra weight

I’m not required to wear steel toes anymore so I wear Danner mountain 600’s, they’re the most comfortable boot I’ve ever worn. Except of the danner 6” loggers I used to wear. The last set of loggers I had got resoled twice before they hit the dumpster.

When I was Wearing steel toe boots, once they stopped making the danner 6” logger I went to an Irish Setter moc toe 6” wedge sole.

Danner isnt cheap, but they have always served me well

You can't go wrong with Danner's, I've got several pair of Danner's, Redwings, and Ariat...the Danner's are by far the most comfortable once you get them worn in. Takes me about three or four days to break in a pair, after that, they're great!

Back
Top Bottom