TV - VCR question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joewilly

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
261   0
Reaction score
Well the old 25 year TV (Mitsubishi), finally went out. Only repaired it once in 25 years ($30.00). Anyway I hauled it out to the trash before I could change my mind and repair it again. Now Santa brought us a 32" Samsung HDTV. I went to Comcast store and got their box for the HD reception and it is of course a much better picture than the old one. My question is - can I hook up my VCR to this contraption? I was hoping someone had the same set up and could help me out. (I know no one has VCR's anymore but I do)

Last edited:
Well the old 25 year TV (Mitsubisi), finally went out. Only repaired it once in 25 years ($30.00). Anyway I hauled it out to the trash before I could change my mind and repair it again. Now Santa brought us a 32" Samsung HDTV. I went to Comcast store and got their box for the HD reception and it is of course a much better picture than the old one. My question is - can I hook up my VCR to this contraption? I was hoping someone had the same set up and could help me out. (I know no one has VCR's anymore but I do)

Does your new tv and old vcr have RCA inputs/outputs? They are the ones that are Red/White/Yellow

Your new tv should have multiple ports for connecting many different things.
Just use a 3 wire connector cable (red, yellow, and white ends).

You will just have to change the input source from your remote.

you should be able to use the cable out on the back to of the TV to the cable in on the VCR. Just change input to TV (on the new TV) when you use the VCR.

Your new tv should have multiple ports for connecting many different things.
Just use a 3 wire connector cable (red, yellow, and white ends).

You will just have to change the input source from your remote.

Some of the newer TVs are coming without old school AV inputs

Red, white, yellow on back of VCR (In and Out). Not sure on TV, but I will check. I think it has same. So, I should take cable out on TV and in on the VCR and see what happens. I know on the old TV without the HD stuff the actual cable bad to be routed into it. I'll let you know what happens. Thank you.

If you are wanting to record with the vcr, you will probably have to get a digitial converter.
The ryw cable will let you use the vcr to watch what tapes you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom