• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Uh oh! Parent Company of Freedom Munitions announces layoff

I USED to shoot their ammo exclusively in my 9mm's for a number of years. I've shot THOUSANDS of rounds of it, no problem. Then I started noticing that certain cases wouldn't load in my guns, the same cases wherein factory ammo had no problems. Then I started seeing a higher percentage of cases that had issues. Then I noticed a lot of under-powered rounds that just wouldn't cycle the guns (again same guns had no issues with factory). So I started ordering their steel cased ammo, that stuff was regularly HOT, then I started seeing inconsistencies there as well. I finally just gave up on them when their shipping became so erratic. Normally order 2000+ rounds at a time so it's worth it, so it's not like it's inconsequential purchases.

Changed over to LAX Ammo... Thus far been much happier, and more consistent.

I USED to shoot their ammo exclusively in my 9mm's for a number of years. I've shot THOUSANDS of rounds of it, no problem. Then I started noticing that certain cases wouldn't load in my guns, the same cases wherein factory ammo had no problems. Then I started seeing a higher percentage of cases that had issues. Then I noticed a lot of under-powered rounds that just wouldn't cycle the guns (again same guns had no issues with factory). So I started ordering their steel cased ammo, that stuff was regularly HOT, then I started seeing inconsistencies there as well. I finally just gave up on them when their shipping became so erratic. Normally order 2000+ rounds at a time so it's worth it, so it's not like it's inconsequential purchases.

Changed over to LAX Ammo... Thus far been much happier, and more consistent.

Thanks, thats a good lead. Once in a blue moon I purchase instead of reload.
$189 for 1k is just about what they were costing me at Freedom back in the old days.
And you get a free box! :becky:
https://www.laxammo.com/lax-reloads/handgun-reloads/9-mm

Back
Top Bottom