• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ultrasonic cleaner for BCG

I've used mine for BCGs several times. I just used water with a little bit of WD40. I will say, that I used the Ultra Sonic with detergent/floor cleaner on a HK epidemic automatic knife, and it pealed the black anodization right off of it.

Oh ok. How many rounds of centerfire copper jacketed rifle ammunition can you shoot through a suppressor before you recommend it be cleaned?
I guess it would depend on how dirty the ammo you are using. I also just enjoy tinkering with things, so i tend to clean guns and things more than they actually need to be.
I have the larger one that is 82.99. Used the coupon so it was like 65 bucks. Also paid lyman 18 bucks for the basket. How long is the specwar?

About 9"

I also have the large size Harbor Freight offering. It has worked well on brass using 1 tablespoon of Citric Acid + 1/2 Teaspoon of HE (rated) Clothes Washing liquid (the HE stuff produces the least amount of sudsing) per gallon of water. To assure top performance: Always DE GAS" the solution in the Ultrasonic cleaner for about 4 minutes prior to placing anything in it! Also: Citric Acid: while safe and good for brass (even overnight), it will literally "eat up" steel! - So, if you do use it on steel, use only for short periods of time with a thorough rinsing afterwards!!! BTW: Vinegar will also eat into brass ... Citric Acid is the only recommended acid cleaner for Brass - it actually does a restoration rather than dilution of oxidation on Brass.

I have one of those things from harbor freight. Works great!

I use mine outside. I'm a bit leery of using it in the house for fear of getting lead vapor in the air. Not sure how realistic that concern is, but I have read that they can atomize stuff you are cleaning and get it airborne. Probably not a good thing with any kind of lead fouling.

Back
Top Bottom