• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Undectable Firearms Ban Renewed

Adeste

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
20   0
Reaction score
A notable small win for the Libs as the gun control momentum gets started up again with the anniversary of Sandy Hook looming. Nodded through the Senate Monday night. The House Rep in our district Tom Price (R) gave it a nod of support when it was rushed through the house:mad:. Not that 3d printed guns are on my hot list, but there was some language in the bill effecting certain Polymere manufacturing processes for stocks and magazines however I am not sure if those additions were approved.

If you'll post a link to the details, I, for one, will have a little something to say to Mr. Price (and any others) for voting in favor of this, or any, continued infringement of our rights to keep and bear arms. A ban on printed guns today continues to prop open the door for a ban on manufactured guns tomorrow. Enough is enough, 3D or otherwise.

My understanding is they didn't change anything about the already existing law. The democrats wanted to add a bunch of stuff, but the replublicans supported passing an extension of the current law for another 10 years without adding anything to it so they took what they could get.

My understanding is they didn't change anything about the already existing law. The democrats wanted to add a bunch of stuff, but the replublicans supported passing an extension of the current law for another 10 years without adding anything to it so they took what they could get.

I read the entire proposed law that Geaux posted yesterday and I didn't find anything new in it.

I read the entire proposed law that Geaux posted yesterday and I didn't find anything new in it.
Basically it is a do nothing law that the Republicans said they would extend as is if nothing was added. Democrats wanted to add stuff but the Republicans would not pass it if they did. Democrats took what they could get rather than risking losing the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom