• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Underrated Oddballs?

I've shot some outstanding groups with my .221 Fireball... super small case but has ballistics almost equal to .223. So not touting power, just great accuracy.

375 H&H is one of the best rounds I have come across, especially if you handload. So diverse, and can really ramp up to a T-Rex killer if need be, but can also be downloaded to white tail deer and long range varmint loads.

.30-40 krag for me.
Its not really practical but i love the history behind it. It was actually considered small bore when it was first designed...way back in the 1890's

.222 Remington Jet & .221 Fireball.....both have awesome velocity and very little kick out of a pistol. I have contender barrels for both, along with a Ruger No.1 for the Jet. ......I can take the Jet brass, put a new magnum primer in it, press a .22 cal pellet in it without powder, and have the best pellet gun on the planet ! They hum with some great force out of a 10" bbl !! Lol...

So, what other wildcat pistiols are out there and worth talking about other than the .460 roland amd .357sig (my current favorite)?
Sorry for the hijack.

Some "wildcatter" needs to come up with 10mm case necked down to .356/.357 to piggyback off your 357 sig. I wonder what the ballistics would be for that one???

Back
Top Bottom