• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most underrated CCW

For me it's gotta be the LCP MAX. I've never heard any hype about these little guns but 10+1 rounds of 380 in such a tiny package is just insane to me. Haven't shot it yet but my old fist gen LCP always proved very reliable.

What's your experience with the LCP MAX?
What's your most underrated CCW?
What's something stupid you want to say in a poor attempt to troll me?

View attachment 5082415View attachment 5082416

Bought an LCP Max a few months ago that was BNIB…. first time at the range, ran a couple hundred rounds through the thing and had issue with the spent casings not ejecting properly (>90% were flattened and had scuff marks at the mouth of the casing) and the slide many times failed to go into battery numerous times (by about 1/8 inch).

Called Ruger and their response to the issue was "stellar"…. they made immediate accommodation to return the gun to them…. Ruger replaced the barrel and slide assembly, test fired numerous brands of ammo and certified the LCP for return to service and shipped it back in about 10 days time (including weekend days) I’ve not returned to the range again as yet but anticipate it will function normally.

My experience so far, is good…. the LCP is almost identical in size and shoots better than the M&P Bodyguard .380 I’ve had for about 5-6 years and has much better capacity (as a pocket gun) with the two 12 round mags I added.

If you’ve not been to the range yet, go…. and make sure your LCP functions properly before relying on it (obviously a "no duh" comment)…. I have found a couple online videos that might suggest mine was not an uncommon issue.

17dc83b9833a85ffa58042235f4c8bd5.jpg

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's much much better carry options, and I'll still mainly carry a Glock 48, but nothings even close to this size and capacity. 10+1 in a pocket carry is just awesome to me. When I say CCW I mean truly a concealable gun.

It carries quite well in a Remora "micro" holster with no printing in the front pocket of my tuxedo pants…. even with the 12 round mag.

Bought an LCP Max a few months ago that was BNIB…. first time at the range, ran a couple hundred rounds through the thing and had issue with the spent casings not ejecting properly (>90% were flattened and had scuff marks at the mouth of the casing) and the slide many times failed to go into battery numerous times (by about 1/8 inch).

Called Ruger and their response to the issue was "stellar"…. they made immediate accommodation to return the gun to them…. Ruger replaced the barrel and slide assembly, test fired numerous brands of ammo and certified the LCP for return to service and shipped it back in about 10 days time (including weekend days) I’ve not returned to the range again as yet but anticipate it will function normally.

My experience so far, is good…. the LCP is almost identical in size and shoots better than the M&P Bodyguard .380 I’ve had for about 5-6 years and has much better capacity (as a pocket gun) with the two 12 round mags I added.

If you’ve not been to the range yet, go…. and make sure your LCP functions properly before relying on it (obviously a "no duh" comment)…. I have found a couple online videos that might suggest mine was not an uncommon issue.

17dc83b9833a85ffa58042235f4c8bd5.jpg

Thanks! Sucks that your gun had issues, but glad to hear they resolved it fast.

Will definitely run it at the range before carrying it. Buy yeah it's the capacity that does it for me. Usually a pocket gun you have to sacrifice capacity which makes me want to slip another mag in my pocket which then means I'm carrying more stuff which then defeats the purpose :lol:
But having 11 rounds in such a small gun doesn't feel like you're compromising near as much as with other mouse guns.

Plus the very nice sights, all in a package for sub $350. Hard to beat.

I’ve never shot a .380 that wasn’t miserable to shoot. What you gain in reduced size is made up for with perceived recoil or “bite”. Just me, but small 9mm’s are easier to shoot but just a bit larger. I dunno, maybe it’s the blowback design…logically it doesn’t make sense but that’s been my experience.

Sold my Seecamp after I got my Kel-Tec P32 broke in.
I bought a P32 because at the time my only gun was a 3913 and I thought it too large. I bought the P32 as an always gun and that is exactly what it was. I found that either in a Uncle Mikes holster or tucked behind my belt buckle by the clip on the side I could carry it anywhere. I did cut the clip down so it did not hang below my belt. When I bought the gun a friend said if I could hit a bucket at 5 yards I would be doing good. I was surprised when we shot it and all of the rounds went in the small circle in the bottom of the bucket. The gun ran 100% with everything I ever fed it. I eventually went on to chase the next greatest and best and sold it to I think our very own founder of the ODT OS. I may be mistaken I do know it was someone I met in the Chick Fil A off Powers Ferry in Marietta. Some days I miss that gun.

I’ve never shot a .380 that wasn’t miserable to shoot. What you gain in reduced size is made up for with perceived recoil or “bite”. Just me, but small 9mm’s are easier to shoot but just a bit larger. I dunno, maybe it’s the blowback design…logically it doesn’t make sense but that’s been my experience.
I have not shot the LCP max. I have shot the LCP and its not fun to shoot. I eventually sold it and went back to my j frame. Of course with the increased capacity of the max its a little tempting. I wasnt going to carry a reload for the lcp and the capacity was really close to the j frame. I found the j frame easier to police brass and sorting 380 brass out of the 9 brass wasnt fun.

Back
Top Bottom