• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most underrated CCW

If you like the LCP models, theres a new Ruger.

Was unaware of it until now. At 19.7oz unloaded compared to the MAX’s 10.6oz you might as well go with a Sig365 and you’ll get factory night sights over fiber optic which I feel like is an upgrade. I could see it being popular with people who are recoil sensitive though.

Was unaware of it until now. At 19.7oz unloaded compared to the MAX’s 10.6oz you might as well go with a Sig365 and you’ll get factory night sights over fiber optic which I feel like is an upgrade. I could see it being popular with people who are recoil sensitive though.
Yeah, once a 380 gets to a certain size frame I'd rather have 9milly.

I'm not proud of 10 rounds of 380 alone, I'm proud of 10rounds of 380 that can easily fit in my prison purse if need be. Despite the rumors, my Glocks won't fit.
Ok.. what’s a prison purse? I’m pretty sure I’m gonna regret asking ?

Yeah, that question and answer were regrettable.
I was among the early users of Kel Tec P3AT when no one else made a 380 light pocket. Had to wrap the grip with Tennis racket grip when Handall was not yet making an overgrip for it. Glad to see the big boys making small 380 and 9's.
My LCP Max is my "safe area" carry when chances are minimal I will need it. P365 is go to for more dangerous areas.
And fluted copper Underwood, only, in the 380. I wouldn't trust anything else to be worth carrying in 380 for penetration.
Almost any good JHP in 9mm is probably OK, though fluted copper, there, too an excellent choice. Barriers, glass, etc.
I laugh when I watch old Hollywood westerns with shootout participants tilting up wood table tops or hay bales and hiding behind them as if they would stop a 45 cal slug. A guy tested a 45 (long) Colt against pine boards separated by an inch or two of air. 45 Colt penetrated even 11 or 12 of them as I recall. Or how about newer TV shows that show cops digging "missed" bullets out of sheet rock or wood trim (Clint Eastwood in Magnum Force?) to check the ballistics? Even cheesy rounds penetrate multiple sheetrock, wood etc. On the Kel Tec board, a guy tested Kel Tec P32 round on steel jacketed (1 3/4") front door he had taken out and replaced with another. Went right through, almost did not slow down.

Back
Top Bottom