• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update: Got the mount back! Big deer hit. Wish me luck!

I've been using Easton XX75s for decades and have never seen anything like it.

Anyway, I got him and I'm ecstatic. There are bigger deer, but this is the biggest deer of my life and I got him with a bow! :rockon:

Bear, you done good! Awesome buck and awesome story!

Back when I used to shoot a bow a lot and build my own arrows, I loved XX75s, but they are brittle as compared to some older, softer alloys. Shooting jackrabbits out west, nearly every one that hit a rock would break, whereas I could straighten the softer alloys.
Of course it also depends on the shaft wall thickness, too.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I wish he had died more quickly, but yeah, usable meat is a great thing.
Thats the problem with bow hunting. I have done it for years and I have got where I only take the perfect broadside shots at around 30 yards or less. So much can go wrong and I have done the same thing tracking a wounded deer only to kill it the next day. I lost more deer the first couple of years than I care to admit and spent many long nights tracking deer. It's one of things that make you sick but with time a patience it gets better. I let a buck walk this year during bow season that was about the same size as yours only because I couldn't tell exactly where I was aiming because his front shoulder was behind a tree. This time it looks like the arrows were to blame. Either way Congrats on a heck of a deer and memories that will last a lifetime. :thumb:

Reactions: MRH
Bear, you done good! Awesome buck and awesome story!

Back when I used to shoot a bow a lot and build my own arrows, I loved XX75s, but they are brittle as compared to some older, softer alloys. Shooting jackrabbits out west, nearly every one that hit a rock would break, whereas I could straighten the softer alloys.
Of course it also depends on the shaft wall thickness, too.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I know what you are saying about braking if they hit rock or something like it, but these are braking when they hit bone and the only bone the last on hit was a rib. Something is wrong with this set. I've put XX75 through a lot more abuse than this without them braking. All the same shaft size, too.

Back
Top Bottom