UPDATE--I got in!! see page 11--HELP---Canon Safe won't let me in

Depending on what Cannon says, we may be in touch...I really don't care for this situation at all......thanks for the input!
From All of you! Even the smart asses!!! LoL...
shane

Secu Ram locks are cheap copies of a LA GARD (kaba-mas). In multiple post I have recommended that any one who buys a safe with a SECU RAM change it to a LAGARD or SG. I use both electronic and dial locks from these manufactures and have no trouble. Your lock can be drilled to open.

The safe business has become a very cut throat competitive business with the majority of safes being manufactured in China. Every one wants to cut cost and save a dollar (or even a dime). Just realize that a RSC(Residential Security Container) is better than no safe at all but you have 12 gauge or lighter metal and sheetrock for fire protection. To get more you have to pay more and I completely understand those economics. Best luck and I believe Cannon will make good on your problem.

Subscribing...I have a cannon with digital securam lock also. I may be changing it out after seeing this thread. Can I replace it with a la gard dial lock?

Apparently these safes are pretty finicky with the handle position?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have not changed the combo then it would seem that you could follow the instructions for reseting the combo and put in a new number and open it. You could try going to the lock MFR website and determine which lock is on your safe. They mention a manager code and a reset button on the lock to set it back to the factory 123456. http://www.securamsys.com/Products_Detail.php?ProductID=2

Also found this on the Securam site:Lost Combinations: This warranty does not cover lost or forgotten combinations. Obtaining the supercode or mastercode is not included by this warranty and must be obtained from the safe manufacturer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understand, but they appear to open the same way. BTW I also ran across a video of a guy with a hammer and a steel punch in which he used to destroy the Securam lock to gain entrance to the safe by punching through the face all the way through the thin stainless steel cover.

one is a S&G or sargent &greenleaf and the other video is a securam.

I am in a holding pattern to see what Cannon does as far as warranty..I suspect that the Lock will have to be replaced and I hope that happens ASAP..

I may see about an UPGRADE option as well...and pay the difference or talk to Safebuilder here on the ODT...

Back
Top Bottom