• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Go back and read my original post. It had nothing to do with the money, I just never bothered while braces were still a thing. The money is spent either way, and I'm much happier giving it to FPC/SAF than the Treasury Dept.

And your argument that the number of 'free' f1s will be used in court is ludicrous. A tiny fraction of 1% will probably go through the hassle of a form-1 of any kind. 99.999% of brace owners will simply take it off.

So the ATF can say that .0008% (~8000) of their 10 million brace holders got form 1s instead of the .0004% (~4000 filed) from last year?

And it's also completely irrelevant to the arguments being brought up in court. You posted a few of the legal videos in this thread, do ANY of them talk about using the form 1 numbers in their cases?

And why would I apologize to you?

To be honest the fact that I wouldn't have to engrave was more attractive to me than the $200. If that had still been a requirement I probably would have just taken them off and waited for a few years while it got sorted out.

No reply to what? You haven't made a point to reply to...

I've explained my reasons as clearly as I can. You respond with a few insults. It's kind of like arguing with a two year old.

It's a form 1 and you get the same stamp as any form 1 according to Silencer Shop. Since it's e-file you get an 'e-stamp', but I've gotten those for from 4s before and all you have to do is print out the document is you want a physical copy.

You could technically do a trust with the free version but you had to be able to prove the gun was in the trust before the rule took effect, and probably no one bothered with getting the notarized paperwork for that.

If you decide later on to move the gun to a trust you will get another stamp when you complete the process and I guess the original one simply becomes null and void? No idea on that.

You're replying to quotes of mine that were directed to other people. You accused me of saying several things that I did not say which is why I said you should apologize. And you want to talk about logic... :wacko:

But hopefully you're right that "a tiny fraction of 1%" will sell out and register because you keep missing a very simple point. If 10+ million gun owners decided to sell out and register, then yes it would be used in court, and it would be game over.

Oh and edited to add that "wanting to avoid the engraving" is another BS excuse. Anyone wanting to avoid engraving can just by a fully assembled manufacturer's SBR and pay the $200.

Go back and read my original post. It had nothing to do with the money, I just never bothered while braces were still a thing. The money is spent either way, and I'm much happier giving it to FPC/SAF than the Treasury Dept.

And your argument that the number of 'free' f1s will be used in court is ludicrous. A tiny fraction of 1% will probably go through the hassle of a form-1 of any kind. 99.999% of brace owners will simply take it off.

So the ATF can say that .0008% (~8000) of their 10 million brace holders got form 1s instead of the .0004% (~4000 filed) from last year?

And it's also completely irrelevant to the arguments being brought up in court. You posted a few of the legal videos in this thread, do ANY of them talk about using the form 1 numbers in their cases?

And why would I apologize to you?

To be honest the fact that I wouldn't have to engrave was more attractive to me than the $200. If that had still been a requirement I probably would have just taken them off and waited for a few years while it got sorted out.

No reply to what? You haven't made a point to reply to...

I've explained my reasons as clearly as I can. You respond with a few insults. It's kind of like arguing with a two year old.

It's a form 1 and you get the same stamp as any form 1 according to Silencer Shop. Since it's e-file you get an 'e-stamp', but I've gotten those for from 4s before and all you have to do is print out the document is you want a physical copy.

You could technically do a trust with the free version but you had to be able to prove the gun was in the trust before the rule took effect, and probably no one bothered with getting the notarized paperwork for that.

If you decide later on to move the gun to a trust you will get another stamp when you complete the process and I guess the original one simply becomes null and void? No idea on that.
Interesting but why would someone put a pistol braced weapon into a trust if they didn’t have to originally?

99.999% of brace owners will simply take it off.
Your grasp of the average gun over is astronomically off.

A large percentage will and are saying **** the the feds they bought it like this and they're keeping it like this.

Probably about half the people who bought a braced pistol from a gun store won't even know this ruling is a thing. They just don't keep up with this ****. They bought the gun, put it in there closet or under the bed, and have no clue they will soon be felons. Zero clue.

A very small percentage of bootlickers applied for the Biden free knee bender exemption.

And yes, a good bit will simply lose the brace, but nowhere near the 99.99999% you think.

Back
Top Bottom