• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

UPDATE: Land ownership/deed question

Swab

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
153   0
Reaction score
There’s a piece of property in my neighborhood about 5 acres in size. About six months ago somebody bought a house a joining this piece of land. A few days later they used to track hoe to tear trees down to block trail entrances to this piece of property. The deed on this property states that it is owned by the original Subdivision builder and listed as subdivision recreation area. And my son was fishing in the creek on this property as he has for the past 10 years and one of the homeowners yelled at Him telling him he was trespassing on private property.

My question is do these people have a right to do this being that the deed still shows the property being the subdivision recreation area and are we trespassing when we step foot on it now? I’ve included a link to the deed below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yn7Ur0YoHQBRnLGbwalMMYcEGewZRrZC

Additional info: it’s rumoured that these people are related to the original subdivision builder and have claimed that they purchased the land.

There is a pond in my Dad’s “back yard” that the original developer kept ownership of the pond in the family. He was always cool with dad stepping out there with a pole. The son didn’t like it and put up a fence. Maybe you have a similar situation.

Additional info: it’s rumoured that these people are related to the original subdivision builder and have claimed that they purchased the land.

Make them prove it. That’s what I’d do. They sound like a bully

It's his subdivision recreation area, and he doesn't have to share if he doesn't want to.

As much as you probably dislike the family for yelling at your son and being dicks, could you try asking if they would mind?

There is a pond in my Dad’s “back yard” that the original developer kept ownership of the pond in the family. He was always cool with dad stepping out there with a pole. The son didn’t like it and put up a fence. Maybe you have a similar situation.
I wouldn’t even pursue it if it didn’t have the “recreation area” designation and they didn’t yell at a 13 year old fishing for bream in a creek that he’s fished since he could walk.

"The deed on this property states that it is owned by the original Subdivision builder"

Sounds like this may be your answer. SOMEONE owns it and pays taxes on it. Easy enough to find out who the owner is.

Back
Top Bottom