• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update!! (now in) cannot get into my safe, battery terminal fell off inside

True, anything can fail. When it comes to my guns, I'm about limiting variables; batteries, codes, keypads, wires, etc.... no thanks. We've had multiple posts about electronic safe issues. I don't recall a single one about a traditional mechanical safe. I'll play the odds. :)

ask biker_bill biker_bill or Shortcut Shortcut they both had mechanical locks that failed.....

Glad you're back in, and now I feel ok saying it.... reason #437 why I'll never own an electronic safe. ;)

Yep! My coworker had one...not sure what happened but something failed electrically. He said the locksmith drilled his safe over the course of 3 Days and he paid $700. After reading this thread I wonder if there was a better way, but after my coworker told me that story I knew right then and there I wouldn't buy an electronic one.

Mine failed ONCE AND I SIMPLY USED THE MANUFACTURER SUPPLIED EMERGENCY KEY, A LONG HEX TYPE KEY AND OPENED IT RIGHT UP.
GOT TO BE PREARED FOR THESE TO FAIL, THATS WHY THEY SUPPLY THE 8" LONG KEY WITH IT.

Mine failed ONCE AND I SIMPLY USED THE MANUFACTURER SUPPLIED EMERGENCY KEY, A LONG HEX TYPE KEY AND OPENED IT RIGHT UP.
GOT TO BE PREARED FOR THESE TO FAIL, THATS WHY THEY SUPPLY THE 8" LONG KEY WITH IT.

My safe doesn't have any kind of emergency key.
It's a liberty safe and as I understood SafeCracka it's a pretty good and stout safe.

Back
Top Bottom