• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
It's been since Christmas that I updated on Ally. A couple of days after I updated, Ally got very sick and started running a high fever which put her back in the hospital. She was hospitalized the entire month of January and ran a continuous fever of 101-105 for about 20 days straight. The doctors had her on some of the strongest antibiotics she had ever been on trying to fight off what had made her so sick which we still don't have an answer for. She ended up on 3 different ones and finally the third one they added started helping and her fevers started to drop. This is another one of those times that definitely had us in a lot of fear about what could happen but very thankful that God brought her through it. In mid February she officially started Maintenance which meant being in the hospital weekly was over. We now carry her 1-2 times a month for I-V chemo. She still has daily chemo pills at home but these are much easier on her than the infusions in the hospital. She has been doing much better of late we are very happy to say. Other than the normal leg pain associated with the chemo, she does very well. We have been gave an end date on the chemo of September of 2018 as long as Ally doesn't have anymore complications which of course we are very hopeful of. She got a new dog about a month ago that she named "Emma Jo" and she is absolutely in love with that dog. Sorry for the long time between updates. This has been the hardest year of our life but we are just thankful for each day we get to spend with Ally. We don't worry about the little things in life anymore and we try to smile as much as possible. Usually all it takes to make Ally happy is French fries and ketchup. We are sick of fast food but it makes her smile so we suffer through....haha. Thank you all so much for your support along the way and for keeping our Allybug in your prayers. We are forever grateful! God bless!

Attachments

• Ally with dog.jpg.png
    Ally with dog.jpg.png
    413.6 KB · Views: 34
This has been the hardest year of our life but we are just thankful for each day we get to spend with Ally. We don't worry about the little things in life anymore and we try to smile as much as possible. Usually all it takes to make Ally happy is French fries and ketchup. We are sick of fast food but it makes her smile so we suffer through....haha.
Amen to that. God bless you all and keep on keeping on. She is a trooper and then some! :pray2:

Wow, thanks man! I was looking at her picture over the weekend and wondering how she's doing. Our Prayers continue....please pm me if we can do more

Our thoughts and prayers are with Ally and you. I know how hard it is because I live in Atlanta but spend M-F in Huntsville, Al taking care of him while his parents (both in the military at Redstone Arsenal) go to work. I know it's hard on the child but they don't take it as seriously as we do. My grandson has been bald since last August but until his brother pointed it out a few weeks ago, he didn't know it. Good Bless Ally . We'll pray for her as hard as we do for our 5 year old Blake

Our thoughts and prayers are with Ally and you. I know how hard it is because I live in Atlanta but spend M-F in Huntsville, Al taking care of him while his parents (both in the military at Redstone Arsenal) go to work. I know it's hard on the child but they don't take it as seriously as we do. My grandson has been bald since last August but until his brother pointed it out a few weeks ago, he didn't know it. Good Bless Ally . We'll pray for her as hard as we do for our 5 year old Blake
I couldn't agree more. I think its a blessing that kids are able to kind of put it out of their minds and still be a kid at times. We will be praying for your grandson Blake as well. Thank you very much for the prayers for our Ally. Also, we just pray that one day they find a cure for childhood cancer. God bless.

I couldn't agree more. I think its a blessing that kids are able to kind of put it out of their minds and still be a kid at times. We will be praying for your grandson Blake as well. Thank you very much for the prayers for our Ally. Also, we just pray that one day they find a cure for childhood cancer. God bless.

Glad to hear she is improving. Really have to believe God himself works with these nurses and Physicians. Especially in NICU...more and continued prayers.

We met with the Dr.s yesterday morning to plan out the next 2 years and 2 months of treatment. Starting tomorrow, the chemo will get much stronger for the next 6-7 months. It's all according to if she ever gets sick during the scheduled 6 months that could stretch it out to possibly 7 months which they said is very common. The reason the chemo gets stronger is because the leukemia cells that are left in her body are resistant to the lighter doses of chemo so even though she was in remission at the end of one month, it's the leukemia cells that are left that requires the strongest chemo. We went and got her fitted for a wig today because even though she has been lucky to keep some hair during the first month, the Dr.s said that most likely won't happen once the strong doses of chemo start. Please keep Ally in your prayers that the stronger chemo doesn't cause her any sickness. We were very blessed the first month that all it did was drain her energy for about 3 days afterwards. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We are so thankful to @rrhodes , @Jholdbrooks, @echo5charlie10 and @Rolling_trip for donating everything to raise money for our little girl. Also, thank you to everyone who has bidded on these items. We are so thankful for the help during these hard times. I can't wait for my little girl to be old enough so can explain to her how awesome you all have been. Thank you all!
GOD BLESS YOUALL,HANG IN THERE AN PRAY. IT'S TOUGH WHEN A CHID'S INVOLVED,BUT I'VE BEEN THERE THREE X AND I'M 70 NOW SO IT CAN BE DONE. GOOD LUCK AND A LONG LIFE.

Back
Top Bottom