• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Updates on Changes

This doesn't seem like it's a change, other than comments not being a default.

that was my thought

What exaclty where you expecting? No one said the rules on comments in the classifieds were changing, we said the rules on comments in the classifieds would be clarified.

What exaclty where you expecting? No one said the rules on comments in the classifieds were changing, we said the rules on comments in the classifieds would be clarified.

I was hoping the owner of the listing could police their own listing. Unless it's a personal attack in a listing I don't know why a mod needs to be involved at all.

I was hoping the owner of the listing could police their own listing. Unless it's a personal attack in a listing I don't know why a mod needs to be involved at all.

The classifieds here have never been an unmoderated free for all and I can't envision a scenario in which they ever will be.

The classifieds here have never been an unmoderated free for all and I can't envision a scenario in which they ever will be.

It seems like a bunch of wasted time to me. If someone comments my $1000 Glock is too expensive, I can delete it. No need for you guys to spend what I suspect is a good percentage of your time moderating things we can moderate ourselves. If someone calls me a jackwagon in my listing, I can delete it and report it if need be.

It seems like a bunch of wasted time to me. If someone comments my $1000 Glock is too expensive, I can delete it. No need for you guys to spend what I suspect is a good percentage of your time moderating things we can moderate ourselves. If someone calls me a jackwagon in my listing, I can delete it and report it if need be.

You can, and if you do that's fine. The thing is, the majority don't and won't. For every user that wants to self moderate their ads, there's another (or two, or three) that want to know why they should have to keep their ads cleaned up when we have mods that are supposed to do that.

You can, and if you do that's fine. The thing is, the majority don't and won't. For every user that wants to self moderate their ads, there's another (or two, or three) that want to know why they should have to keep their ads cleaned up when we have mods that are supposed to do that.

If I was the Owner (I'm not), I'd have my mods spend their time moderating the non-classifieds and any reported misconduct by the listing owner in listings. Understandably I'm not the owner. My opinion has been made known. :)

Back
Top Bottom