UPS at it again

Probably got on the wrong truck in Doraville. It happens a lot with UPS.

Missorts can happen. My employment at UPS goes back 20 years, but you have the main sort, which sends the packages to the PD, then at that point you have two levels of verification: the picker (throws them down the corresponding chute off the PD conveyor), and then the loader is supposed to check the zip + city to ensure correctness. The rate of missorts is actually very low, but this crap does happen.

I believe that UPS has made some changes that are not working out so well. I audit and approve the UPS invoices for our company. Last year my rebate for packages that missed the guaranteed delivery date was about $250.00 per quarter. This year it has been 10X that or better. I see packages sent to the wrong hub all the time.

Missorts can happen. My employment at UPS goes back 20 years, but you have the main sort, which sends the packages to the PD, then at that point you have two levels of verification: the picker (throws them down the corresponding chute off the PD conveyor), and then the loader is supposed to check the zip + city to ensure correctness. The rate of missorts is actually very low, but this crap does happen.

I should have said it happens A LOT MORE than FedEx for me. But you're right, it doesn't happen A LOT. I think out of the last 100 packages from UPS, it's happened 4 or 5 times. FedEx none. USPS the most lol. Thankfully, I've never had a lost package.

I had this happen with Amazon Prime. I contacted them about it and they refunded my shipping cost and gave me 2 months additional Prime for free. Contact Amazon, they will bend over backwards to make you happy.

I should have said it happens A LOT MORE than FedEx for me. But you're right, it doesn't happen A LOT. I think out of the last 100 packages from UPS, it's happened 4 or 5 times. FedEx none. USPS the most lol. Thankfully, I've never had a lost package.

Ouch 1/25 miss rate = their jobs need to be lost.

Back
Top Bottom