• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAammo deal

OK - I just received my ammo. It's all loosely packaged (no ammo trays), even the new loads I bought (.223). This would be my only complaint about the packaging. I bought reloaded 40 and 45. Posting pictures in a minute. . .

Funny, I thought the hold up was your ammo destroying guns and not functioning properly.

I called customer service when the ammo arrived to ask about this issue, because I ordered some of their .223. The woman I spoke with on the phone was extremely courteous and told me the specific lot number that was purportedly causing the problems. She then explained to me that they had removed that entire lot from their warehouse and have been doing extensive testing on the ammo to try to reproduce the problems that have been described on other forums and posted here. They have not yet been able to recreate the problem.

I didn't ask about the .308 sizing issue (forgot - sorry).

I understand this is coming from USAAmmo themselves, so it would be wise to take this info. with a grain of salt. However, I have no reason at this point to doubt that they are being honest. I don't know any of the people who posted up their stories and pictures of exploding ammo problems personally, so I don't want to make a judgment based solely on that information, either. People do tend to embellish things a bit when posting online.

i51.tinypic.com_nn2vsl.jpg

outside packaging

i54.tinypic.com_igbtya.jpg

Individual boxes look like this

i51.tinypic.com_zles69.jpg

.40 (reloads)

i55.tinypic.com_dc6fbc.jpg

.223 (new brass)

Let us know how that .40 shoots....I may reconsider if you don't find any issues.. thanks for the detailed reports!

Stupid question alert.......why does the new brass .223 look so discolored around the neck? Some of my steel core stuff has that in 5.56.

Email I got from them:

Dear Valued Customers,

Due to the overwhelming response to our GearHog offer on July 21, 2011, our shipping lapse time has been extended. This extension is very unusual and solely due to the enormous amount of orders we received in a 3 day time period. We are working diligently and efficiently to reduce our shipping backlog and fully expect to be back to normal very soon.

We thank you for your patience during this extraordinary period. We are committed to bringing the finest quality ammunition made right here in the USA to the market place and as a result our processes were overwhelmed by your tremendous support of our recent offer. As a consolation for your patience, we are extending each of you a one time use of our MOREAMMO shipping discount. You may use the MOREAMMO coupon on your next order. This offer is not available for users who use a second GearHog gift certificate.

Again, thank you so much for your tremendous support of our efforts to keep ammunition manufacturing alive in the USA. We look forward to providing you with the highest quality ammunition. Please visit www.usaammo.com for all your ammunition and gear needs.

Back
Top Bottom