• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAammo deal

I know you reload, do you buy new ammo trays or re-use the ones that came in factory ammo? I dont buy any, and hate it when ammo doesnt come with my 50 cent tray :)

you get it like that but there web site shows you this
i53.tinypic.com_20uvdrq.jpg

Actually, I ordered a 1000 rounds of JHP 9mm and a few boxes of 9mm FMJ and 40 to try. The JHP was in trays (like the pic), the 40 was also in trays, the 9mm reload fmjs were loose in a box. (I'm considering selling some of the JHP if anyone is interested). I've shot about 300 rounds so far without any problems. I think the company is worthwhile even if they don't always include trays. I am surprised that the 223 rounds didn't come in trays but maybe this promotion ran them out of em ? :)

Last edited:
I know you reload, do you buy new ammo trays or re-use the ones that came in factory ammo? I dont buy any, and hate it when ammo doesnt come with my 50 cent tray :)

To answer the question, no.

I pick em out of the trash when I need some.

In all actuality I have all the trays I need. When I run pistol ammo it let it collect in a ice cream bucket that hangs from my bench. After that it goes into a pouch that I carry with me to the range, match, whatever. The rifle rounds I make go into reusable plastic ammo boxes. I do have about a dozen 45 trays that I use when reloading, and I have some trays that came out of S&B for 9mm that I can pop pistol rounds into to check the primers and mark the brass if I want to.

But go to any range and you can usually pick up more trays than you need.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was okay to not get trays... I agree, they need to send what they advert or give you guys a discount. If they are going to run this type of promo, they need to gear up with boxes, trays, and lots of bullets.

So its douchebaggery when I dont agree with people pissing and moaning over friggin ammo trays? Jesus H Christ people are cheap and need something to complain about.

If you are going to shoot the ammo what difference does it make wether or not it comes in little plastic trays or not? Does it change wether or not it goes bang?

If youa re going to take it out of the box and put it in a mag what difference does it make?

For what it's worth - I don't care about having ammo trays for bringing the ammo to the range. I want the ammo in the trays for shipping. Perhaps I am ignorant - I assume that the ammo rolling around loosely could cause damage to the casings, especially when I take into account the way the ammo arrived (it looked like the boxes rolled off the back of the UPS truck at 60MPH - check out the picture above). Perhaps mine is not a valid concern. Let me know your thoughts - I don't mind the attitude - I like honesty.

Thanks.

Last edited:
For what it's worth - I don't care about having ammo trays for bringing the ammo to the range. I want the ammo in the trays for shipping. Perhaps I am ignorant - I assume that the ammo rolling around loosely could cause damage to the casings, especially when I take into account the way the ammo arrived (it looked like the boxes rolled of the back of the UPS truck at 60MPH). Perhaps mine is not a valid concern. Let me know your thoughts - I don't mind the attitude - I like honesty.

Thanks.
yeah, it looks f'ed up ,

Back
Top Bottom