Using my stainless steel backpacker's cook set to distill water

soggybottomboy

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
19   1
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I bought this cook set awhile back. I actually keep it in my car along with my emergency kit. With spending an additional $2-$3 at Home Depot, I can now use it to distill water. The set is lite weight and the pots have a copper bottom to distribute heat evenly.

I did a review video on my YouTube channel back in mid June. Here it is and I hope you enjoy.

Here is the product link to Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Great last resort option if you are laying wounded by a creek with your pots in your pack. It would take a month to make a gallon without using a pan with a sealed, locking lid to build pressure because you will lose an enormous amount of steam around the edges of the lid. A charcoal filter works instantly for about the same space in a pack.

Looks like a great kit and a purty fine idea. Definitely worth having the kit. Ordering mine today. I have 2 of these:

View attachment 111378

For my primary Bug out needs and this kit:

View attachment 111379

View attachment 111380

with extra candle style ceramic filters for home. Also keep a reserve of water stored and a few cases of bottles both at home and in the cars. aside from that I have Polar Pure iodine crystals and Coleman water tablets. Personally, I don't think you can ever have enough methods of preparing safe drinking water.

Back
Top Bottom