• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Using your middle finger to shoot Semi-Auto Handguns

My Son-Inlaw has a M&P Shield that I tried out and I was able to dry fire pull the trigger with no problem at all. Now all I got to do is find someone that would want to trade a M&P Shield for a 3rd Gen S&W model 908 w/3 mags and original case plus paperwork.

Good to go! A striker-fired gun was one of the options I listed.

You'll be better off selling the S&W 908 and using the money to purchase a Shield.

Good to go! A striker-fired gun was one of the options I listed.

You'll be better off selling the S&W 908 and using the money to purchase a Shield.

Just posted my S&W Model 908 for trade. Hoping I don't have to throw in the SR22 but it might get me a much better brand of striker fire Hand Gun. What do you think?

Just posted my S&W Model 908 for trade. Hoping I don't have to throw in the SR22 but it might get me a much better brand of striker fire Hand Gun. What do you think?

There are a lot of good striker-fired guns out here right now:
Glock
S&W M&P
Steyr M-series
FN FNS
SIG P320
HK VP9

Go somewhere that has a selection for rent and try them out. I like all the brands I listed above.

There are a lot of good striker-fired guns out here right now:
Glock
S&W M&P
Steyr M-series
FN FNS
SIG P320
HK VP9

Go somewhere that has a selection for rent and try them out. I like all the brands I listed above.

I also posted the SR22 for trade for a North American Arms 22mag Black Widow w/22lr conversion cylinder that I used to own but traded and I wish I never had. It was one of those hind sight type things you do and regret later. It was a perfect pocket close range single action pistol. Very accurate even at 15-20yrds.

If I am able to make these trades I probably won't need the lessons in changing shooting techniques but would still like to meet you and take advantage of the 200yrd range you have behind your house to sight in my AR and just do some plinking and shoot the bull.

I also posted the SR22 for trade for a North American Arms 22mag Black Widow w/22lr conversion cylinder that I used to own but traded and I wish I never had. It was one of those hind sight type things you do and regret later. It was a perfect pocket close range single action pistol. Very accurate even at 15-20yrds.

If I am able to make these trades I probably won't need the lessons in changing shooting techniques but would still like to meet you and take advantage of the 200yrd range you have behind your house to sight in my AR and just do some plinking and shoot the bull.

Anytime.

Saw an article years ago about natural shooting. The guy points his index fingers at what he is shooting and uses his middle finger to operate the trigger. Says something about the brain, eyes and hands all work together when pointing at something with the index finger. You may find your a better shot doing it that way than the "normal" way. Article menations that some guns (1911 was one of them) don't lend themselves to index finger being extended forward because of takedown pins or levers being activated accidentally. I found the link here Grab Gun - Point finger - Pull Trigger

I used to work as an aircraft sheetmetal mechanic, and learned to drill perpendicular holes using this method. I tried it with my glock, and its ok, but there is a bit of travel. A 1911 probably has a similar trigger to the drill motors I am using, but felt it was more natural way of shooting for me.

Back
Top Bottom